Suddenly no sound and crash on P3D exit or aircraft change

Hi,

I had a fully configured and working P3D(4.5)/Q400.
Then yesterday, I loaded the plane as usual and realized there was no sound at all anymore. Checked everything about sound and saw nothing unusual or changed.
I uninstalled the Q400 and reinstalled it. Same issue.
I also realized that it's now impossible to cleanly exit P3D when the Q400 is loaded (no such issue with other aircrafts). It hangs and I have to kill the process. It's also impossible to change aircraft when Q400 is loaded. It hangs the same way.

I am clueless about what to try now...

Thank you

Comments

• It appears it was a DirectX issue (other threads helped me find this was a possible issue). Found a way to force a reinstall of dx and it worked again.
    Sorry for the noise ;)

• No worries, glad you were able to get the issue resolved.

Cheers
  • If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate if you could go into a little detail on the cause and solution of that DirectX issue as that might well be relevant to me.

• I guess there can be several causes. In my case, a hard crash (BSOD) during Q400 use was leaving Directsound in an invalid state of some kind... After reboot, there was no sound anymore. Reinstalling DirectX instantly solves it.

• Alrighty then it's not looking relevant to me afterall but I do appreciate the reply, thanks.

• Would you please provide more info on forcing a DX reinstall. Same symptoms.

• @dwadsworth said:
    Would you please provide more info on forcing a DX reinstall. Same symptoms.

This is not sure science. I searched for dxsetup.exe files on my computer. Most of them were not doing anything, complaining that the latest version was already installed. But one of them did not do this check and reinstalled DX.

• Very strange. I got the same issue again and this time no matter what I do, I can't restore sounds (tried any dxsetup.exe I had on hand) and P3D always crash when switching to another aircraft or leaving P3D. Reinstalling Q400 does not help. Stuck on this.

• Kindly open a ticket with support regarding this issue and we'll see how best to get to the bottom on it.

Thank you