Axis assigned as tiller not moving nose wheel on landing until very slow

I have to slow the plane down to a stop almost before the axis assigned as spoilers I use as the tiller can move the nose wheel. I tried different strategies... turn on nosewheel switch when below 40kts, or right on landing, the nose wheel will not move until i am almost stopped? Latest Prepar3D v5 version of Q400 and P3D hotfix. On taxi and after that first slow down it is normal. I use FSUIPC6 to configure my controls.

Comments

1. The nose wheel steering is designed to operate below 40 knots. Above 40 knots there is adequate laminar airflow passing over the rudder to allow directional control with just the rudder. The takeoff roll is still conducted with the rudder as the nose wheel has a +/- 12 deg allowance below 40 knots.

2. The nose wheel steering switch remains in the ON position until returning to the gate

• @kroswynd said:
    1. The nose wheel steering is designed to operate below 40 knots. Above 40 knots there is adequate laminar airflow passing over the rudder to allow directional control with just the rudder. The takeoff roll is still conducted with the rudder as the nose wheel has a +/- 12 deg allowance below 40 knots.

1. The nose wheel steering switch remains in the ON position until returning to the gate

Thank you for reply so the nose wheel steering switch stays on after pushback until the flight is over and parked at the gate?

• Affirmative.