Prepar3D v4.3, Windows 10: No sound in the cockpit.

Dear:

I was making a flight from VGHS (Old VGZR) to VGSY. During initial approach phase electrical power interruption occurred to my PC and it shut down. After power coming back, I started P3D again and Dash 8. I found all displays are flickering and props are unfeathered. I uninstalled/re-installed Dash 8 Pro in P3D. Now displays became okay. But there is no sound in the cockpit. But outside engine sound is normal. Please help me.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad
Bangladesh.

Comments

• Hello Haseen,

During the re-installation phase of the Q400, did you install using Administrative Rights by right clicking on the installer? Not knowing which version of the Q400 you are using, have you applied all necessary updates if applicable? If not it can be acquired from the USER AREA found here on the Majestic Software website.

Keep us posted.

• Dear Kroswynd:

Thank you so much for replying.

1. I installed using admin rights.

2. MJC Dash 8 Q400 Pro, v1.020 for P3D v4.3 64 bit., purchased from Just Flight.

3. I downloaded/installed first time in my P3D v4.3 on 23 Jul 2018. Then everything was okay without update patch v1.020a. Now after re-installation, no engine/prop sound and PA announcement are heard in the cockpit. Only engine sound is loud enough in the outside view.

4. I downloaded update patch v1.020a. Not yet installed it.

5. Please note I do not use any add-ons except payware airplanes.

6. In all other airplanes external and internal sounds are okay.

7. 2 more installations remaining.

Please help me.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

• You will never know if the problem is resolved unless you install the patch...... kindly do so....Thank You

• Dear Kroswynd:

I installed v1.020a patch.
    1. No change in internal engine sound. When I select 100% volume, a feeble sound is heard. It also happened without patch 1.020a.
    2. Landing gear won't retract even with lock pins stowed in the flight deck!
    3. I also installed Dash 8 q400 Pro (FS X Steam) in my fsx steam. Now that does not load though shows in the fsx steam airplane list. In the windows 10 control panel, I can see only one MJC Dash 8, that does not specify whether that's for fsx or p3d. If I uninstall, the p3d version gets uninstalled. How can I uninstall fsx version?

4. In P3D v4.3, Dash 8 Q400 internal engine sound is still almost absent.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.
  • edited August 2018
    1. Uninstall the Q400 from the programs Uninstaller. Then go to each respective simulator that you have the Q400 installed in and verify that the "mjc8q400" folder has been removed.... If it is not removed by the installation then simply delete it.

2. Forget about the FSX Q400 at the moment....

3. Restart your PC.

4. Reinstall the Q400 using administrative rights by right clicking on the installer. Ensure that the installer is pointing to your P3Dv4 folder during the installation process.

5. Apply the 1.020a update.

6. Before loading the Q400 it is a good practice to ensure that there isn't a complex aircraft pre-loaded as the default aircraft... If this is. The case then select a default P3Dv4 aircraft like the Baron or F22.

7. One other area of concern.... Might you by chance have the text messages disabled in P3D as this can cause some undesirable effects with the Q400. If this is the case you will have to enable ONLY the main selection "SHOW PRIMARY INFO TEXT", but everything else can be de-selected.

8. Load P3Dv4 and load the Q400......check the results and keep us posted.

**If your installations become exhausted** Simply copy the link of this thread to an email to our Support department requesting to have your installations re-activated. Be sure to include your credentials used for the purchase:
    a. Full Name
    b. Email
    c. Vendor
    d. Order Number(s)
  • Dear Kroswynd:

Please refer my first mail to you dt. 14 Aug 2018. After power interruption to my PC, I had to reinstall my audio driver. The audio driver changed my MSI speaker config. I adjusted the Speaker Config as attached. Now all sound okay with v1.020.

Regarding v1.020a, I'll try later and let you know. This PC, windows 10, P3D v4.3 all are new to me which caused the confusion. Sorry for the trouble about sound.

Thanks and best regards,

Haseen Ahmad.