Q400 CTD during takeoff when using FFTF Dynamic with P3Dv5.1 HF1

I'm getting a repeatable crash right at liftoff when using FSPS' FFTF Dynamic utility (v5.1.12.26829) with the Q400 (1.021 x64 Pro) in P3D v5.1 HF1.

Disabling FFTF Dynamic definitively prevents the CTD, and it occurs repeatably when the two are running together.

Regards

Bob Scott

Comments

• Bob,
    Thanks for the update regarding FFTF Dynamic, unfortunately, we are not familiar with the utility as it is not used by anyone on our team, so we are currently unable to offer any assistance on this matter at present.

Not sure if the developer can reach out to us if is something that we can assist with.

Cheers

• Can't say I have seen this issue. I use FFTF every flights and haven't seen a CTD.

• edited January 2021

I am getting this same issue as well. But the aircraft is giving me a CTD with FFTF Dynamic not running as well. If it is not FFTF causing this then I am baffled because I have never had a CTD when running the Majestic Q400.

• @canadagoose said:
    I am getting this same issue as well. But the aircraft is giving me a CTD with FFTF Dynamic not running as well. If it is not FFTF causing this then I am baffled because I have never had a CTD when running the Majestic Q400.

Under what conditions/phase of loading or operating the Q400 are you experiencing the CTD when not using FFTF?

• edited January 2021

I am doing what I normally would do. Setup up the flight by choosing the “vehicle”, a DEP airport, set time and GO...the % load screen does not appear and after less than a minute, CTD. I have started using my Honeycomb “Alpha” yoke, that being the newest addition to my sim hardware which BTW I have no problems with MSFS2020 or any other aircraft in P3Dv5.1HF1. I have now uninstalled the Q400 and attempted to reinstall and got a “cannot connect to server” message. I have put in a request to have my account reactivated, but have not received a reply back yet. So, when I am allowed to reinstall I will see if that corrects the issue.

P.S. I forgot to mention I did a 2 hour flight last night using the Carenado ATR 72-500 with FFTF Dynamics active and had a very smooth experience in P3D.

Regards
    TS

• Success! For myself anyway. I am now able to re-install the Q400. I also ran FFTF and everything appears back to normal. So, in my case the issue was just a simple download and re-install the aircraft. I will report back if I encounter any further issues. I was informed by Support that there was an issue with product validations on the server, thus the reason I was being “denied” access when trying to run the install executable file.

Regards,
    TS

• edited January 2021

A little more Info. Upon further testing I have found that I can recreate this issue with FFTF Dynamics IF, I close down P3D and restart P3D during The SAME session. BUT, if I shutdown the computer, go back in & create a flight using my normal setup procedure, that includes FFTF as well, everything loads as normal (I have not tried this with a restart of my system, just a shutdown). Explain that to me?

TS