External interfaces

Hi there!

I'm currently evaluating solutions to be able to interface the Q400 with custom hardware (mainly Arduino based) to build a home cockpit.

As a programmer, I considered writing a gateway program communicating with the Q400 using one of the external interfaces provided, and on the other side communicating with Arduino boards using a custom protocol.

My first attempt was with the UDP interface, but I had issues with the outputs sent by the sim, not reliably. So I began to watch other solutions.

The most appealing to me being the RPC interface I started with this one. The example provided is in C/C++ but being very rusty with these languages, I tried to use the DLL from a C# program. I think my code is correct, but I was not able to flick a switch using ipcWrite, and using ipcRead to read an indicator status gave me different values each time...

Has anyone tried to use this interface?

Finally, the XML interface, I confess I understand nothing about it. There is a C++ example file provided, but it calls functions not defined in it, and I don't know where they come from. So I don't even know where to start...

If anyone from Majestic can enlighten me on these subject, I would be very grateful!

Comments

• Hello
    Write to us at Support for additional support regarding this matter.

Cheers