GSX Refuelling possible ?

Hi I have trying to get GSX to refuel , without success.
The truck stops under the wing , and then leaves after a few seconds.
What settings should I use ?

Thanks

Comments

• Fueling to the Q400 is done via the CPAN at this time

cheers

• @SteveC,
    As Kroswynd said, we do have to use the CPAN for refueling but GSX does recognize the amount of fuel that is in the tanks. In order for the fuel truck to refuel the plane, it needs room in the fuel tanks. If you already have your T/O Fuel onboard, GSX will see that and just drive away. Using this information, we can still, sort of, kinda, "simulate" the process of GSX actually refueling the Q400. Below are the steps that I use.

Step 1: Open the Q400 control panel and set up your passenger/baggage weights as normal.

Step 2: For your "T/O fuel", for right now, you want to use a fuel load that is less than the amount that is required for your particular flight. Your "Trip Fuel", can be set as you would normally do.

For ex.: Vancouver to Edmonton requires a total fuel load of 6700 lbs [T/O Fuel] and a [Trip Fuel] of 3300 lbs. In this case we set the "T/O fuel" box to any value lower than 6700, lets say 1200 lbs, and we set our Trip Fuel to 3300. Click the "Calculate" button and then the "Send Data To Flightsim" button.
    Do not forget to press "P" to un-pause the sim. Do not close the CPAN yet. We will need it again to tell the Fuelman how much fuel he needs to pump.

Step 3: Check your GSX settings to make sure these boxes are ticked.
    - "Always refuel progressively"
    - "Detect custom aircraft system refueling"
    Note: I also have message verbosity set to Max. Just so during the pre-flight checks I will get a notice telling me when the fuel truck has arrived. Obviously, there is no need to check these settings every time. I included them here as a troubleshoot. Most people have these boxes checked already. Set once and forget about it.

Step 4: Call the gasman. When the truck is parked under the wing, the default response
    for GSX is to show a popup message asking you to use your aircrafts fuel loading
    software. Now is when we will use the CPAN to enter our actual T/O Fuel required for our flight.
    (in my example we are using 6700 Lbs)
    Press "calculate", and the, "Send Data To Simulator" buttons.
    Pressing "P" will un-pause the sim, and GSX will now start "refueling" the Q400.

It's wall of text, but the actual procedure is rather simple. I hope it increases your enjoyment of Flight simming, the Q400 and GSX.

Cheers and blue skies, Jax.

• Thank you Jax. I will try this out later today

Steve

• Yes it worked, and was easy to follow your instructions.
    Thanks for your reply

Best wishes.Steve

• edited March 2021

You're welcome, Steve.