P3D v4.3, Win 10: Autoflight: Tactile Control Steering (TCS) key mapping.

Dear:

When I use the elevator trim switch, TCS activates. I use Logitech Flight yoke and mapped A1-A2 switch for elevator trim. I want to map other button than the trim switches for TCS. How can I do that?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Hi Haseen,
    the TCS is linked throuh the addon itself. To edit the key, go to your ini file ("C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini"), open it and scroll all the way down until you see "[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]".
    You wanna add the following line: "JX_bY=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button" to the list. "JX" hereby stands for your joystick, so "J0" in most cases, and "bY" stands for the button.
    So if you find out that the button you wanna assign is labeled as button 5 then you would enter "b4" here, since we start counting from 0.

This way you can also assign a properly working autopilot disco etc.

Hope that helps.

• Sorry, but no way to save modified .ini file

• @Floren said:
    Sorry, but no way to save modified .ini file

If you have problems editing your ini file, just copy it onto your desktop, edit it and put it back into the original folder, replacing the old ini.

Also, seeing some of your recent activities, you might want to settle down a little bit. I don't really know what you're trying to achieve by posting so much misleading and pointless stuff on this forum, but if you really want to be that guy, do that somewhere else please.

• Hello, I have four devices attached, how can I find out which one is J0, J1, J2, J3 etc. Thanks

• Hi,
    afaik you can just open your windows game controller settings and it should come up with a list giving away the internal order of your devices.
    Otherwise, you'd just have to figure it out by trying I assume.

• edited October 2018

@lgl3592 said:
    Hi Haseen,
    the TCS is linked throuh the addon itself. To edit the key, go to your ini file ("C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini"), open it and scroll all the way down until you see "[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]".
    You wanna add the following line: "JX_bY=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button" to the list. "JX" hereby stands for your joystick, so "J0" in most cases, and "bY" stands for the button.
    So if you find out that the button you wanna assign is labeled as button 5 then you would enter "b4" here, since we start counting from 0.

This way you can also assign a properly working autopilot disco etc.

Hope that helps.

Why ?

Why ?

Oh why ?

Why do we as paying users, have to jump through so many flaming hoops, just to get the promised functionality ?

This stuff, like the 125 hz controls, should all be automated via a simple user interface config panel. We should not be forced to edit ini files, especially your unfathomable ini files, which are the antithesis of logical.

Unbelievable.

• Most users are satisfied with the default flight control input via FSX or P3D. The 125 Hz controls feature is an "option" that we provided, and that is the way in which we were able make it available at the time of the PRO release. If we were to take all of the associated features of the Q400 and dump them into a control panel, we'd still get complaints from the user group saying it is too cumbersome.

Sorry, we can't please everyone.

Cheers

• @rvanzee said:
    Hello, I have four devices attached, how can I find out which one is J0, J1, J2, J3 etc. Thanks

I know. This is completely ridiculous.

I do jot understand why everything has to be so complicated.

PMDG has 100s of options... all configurable via the CDU. Go figure !

• edited October 2018

This is completely ridiculous. I do jot understand why everything has to be so complicated. PMDG has 100s of options... all configurable via the CDU. Go figure !

>

Thanks for your input.

Cheers