Q400 Pilot Edition Rolling left and right in flight

Hi, I am reasonably new to the Q400 and in flight with Autopilot on and LNAV selected the aircraft keeps rolling from one side to the other. It will settle for a short period with the diamond indicator centred then the rolling from side to side starts again. I have tried various settings of rudder and aileron trim to no avail. This continues to happen with different power settings as well. I take off manually with 4% right rudder trim and this keeps the plane level during climb but in cruise I revert to 1% right or try neutral and the rolling keeps happening. Any ideas?

Bernie

Comments

• Hello, anybody home?

• Based on what you are explaining, this thread may be of some help.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/1916#Comment_1916

Cheers

• I have the Slip/Skid indicator centred but it keeps moving left and right as the plane rolls one way then the other. It is like it is constantly over-correcting. It will sit centred for a short period before the rolling starts again. It is significant rolling one way then the other.

Bernie

• edited April 2021

You issue does seem a bit off, however if I may ask?

1. Can you, if able to provide a short video clip of the issue you are experiencing?
    2. Have you tried running the Q400 without any third party add-ons, such as Chase Pane, Active sky or similar, and or any flight planning utility that could have navigational control of the aircraft.
    3. Before you attempt to, providing that you are able to show a video clip of the issue, I would attempt an un-installation/reinstallation of the Q400, and be sure to disable any anti-virus software, and install using Admin Rights.

Keep us posted

• Roger that. I will re-install and see what happens. I am reasonably sure that this did not happen originally. I have no Chase Plane nor Active Sky but am using Sim Brief flight plans. I will get back. Thanks.

• Well, the re-install seems to have eliminated my problem and that is using the Sim Brief Flight Plans as well. I have no idea what caused this but she looks just fine in the air now. So we can categorise this as solved.
    Thanks for your help. :)

• Thank you for the heads up.