Majestic Dash Autopilot issue

Hello fellow pilots,

after a while i came back to fly the majestic dh8d, and have an issue with the autopilot. I can engage the autopilot and the button lights up, but it does not engage in any mode. no reaction in heading mode, nav mode, cannot adjust v/s or ias as shown in the pictures, i have a video but cannot attach (only jpg accepted)

Any ideas what could be causing this?

i am using p3dv5, thrustmaster throttle quadrant and thrustmaster side stick, i try to engage the AP with assinged key, by clicking the ap button manually, but no change

Many thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

Unfortunately your image quality is not the best so it a be challenging to see how you have the aircraft configured. a quick video may be a better approach to show the steps executed and the aircraft's behavior (or lack thereof).

The AP while being engaged as you know should execute parameters set prior or during its activation. it may be a simple oversight, but could very well be a corrupted installation if you have had the Q400 installed for a while and Win10 has done a few updates since. Some users have to un-install and re-install the Q400 after certain Win10 updates, and we have not been able to identify the probable cause of issue.

Cheers

• Hello,

thanks for the hint. In the end it was most probably a conflict with the thrustmaster throttle quadrant. one of the switches, when turned on, disabled the AP. I could not find any furhter details, as absolutelly no function was assigned to this switch at all nowhere. But, now all works.