Q400 turns left off runway during take off, ailerons & elevators not working

Hi,

I recently had to reinstall the Q400 in P3DV4.5. Now as I take off the ailerons and elevators are not working with the joystick at all. The Q400 turns left off the runway and if I manage to get airborne it turns left while climbing and stalls.

The mouse works successfully for nose wheel steering on the ground. I have seen a number of threads in the forum and followed the steps people mention, but I cannot fly the Q400 at all. Prior to the reinstall there was no such problem, so Im assuming it is some setup issue with the flight controls in CPAN.

Could you advise what I need to do please.

Regards,

Mervyn Edwards

Comments

• Forgot to mention I use Saitek X52 Joystick/Throttle and Saitek pedals. Also I do not use FSUIPC.

• edited May 2021

Hello Mervyn,

Double posting the same topic in the forum does not warrant a faster response, we are not always able to expeditiously respond as the forum s not monitored 24/7, but we do make a valiant attempt to respond as soon as able to. I will delete the other post.

When you conduct you flight control check are you able to see surface deflection for the elevators and ailerons on the PFCS, or if viewing from the exterior actual movement of said controls?

Normally one your controls have been assigned within the SIM platform, then ensuring that the flight controls have also been calibrated int he CPAN is necessary, ensuring that you click the APPLY and then RE-LOAD the aircraft

I personally have not used anything SAITEK, except for the JetFighter rudders pedals and they worked without issue when configuring them. It could very well be an incorrect setup, OR a conflict with another input device which may be mapped to the same axii.

Keep us posted

Cheers

• Hi,

Sorry for the double post, I wasn't trying to make things happen quicker. I posted the first one in "Operational questions" and then realised I needed to put it in "Customer support". I couldn't find any way to delete the first one, hence the duplication.

I will run another flight and let you know how it goes and whether I see the physical movement on the aircraft.

As I mentioned I have used the Q400 extensively and its only since I reinstalled after updating P3DV4.5 that I have the issue. Im not that familiar with the CPAN calibration as the aircraft has always worked before. Is there a definitive instruction on how to set the flight controls up, because I found the manual instruction a little confusing?

Regards
    Mervyn

• Hi there,

I started another flight scenario and once the aircraft was powered and setup I moved the joystick and there was no movement either on the quadrant or externally. In the meantime I found another explanation of the flight control calibration within CPAN and carried that out.

After restart things remained as they were, so I looked at the 3rd thing you mentioned and sure enough I found a conflict between two input devices sharing the same axis. I removed one of them and restarted again and I have just completed a flight.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards
    Mervyn

• Good to hear you found the issue, hopefully your continued flights will be uneventful.

Cheers