Flight Director smoothing

Hi Team,

Just wondering is there a way to smooth the lateral Flight Director indication in the config files? I find it is very sensitive in its lateral movement.

For example turning 5 degree off heading results in a quite a large response from the FD and is quite sensitive to roll inputs in comparison to the actual aircraft.

Appreciate your help, a great simulation!

Cheers

Comments

• There is no manual allowance for this. I can check with the Boss for additional input on this

Cheers

• Hi Kroswynd,

Thank you for that I appreciate it! If anything just hoping to maybe introduce a slight lag into the FD response so it is not as quick to react to small input changes.

Many thanks

• OK so as I thought, but had to verify. There is no way to to manipulate the functionality of the Flight Director via the configuration files for users as it is part of the complex tuning of the flight guidance computer.

The only recommendation I can offer at this time would be to attempt to fly the FD as precisely as possible (which I know can be a challenge depending on the input device in use), which will assist in it being less aggressive. Changing parameters from past experiences can have a negative result on another parameter. As of know this is the perfect balance.

Cheers

• Ok no worries kroswynd that does make sense all good.

I agree with you it does seem that the more gentle the input the less reactive the FD bars are to small changes, even disabling the rudder input on the joystick assisted in less movement of the FD bars. There is no issue with the autopilot engaged it is just in manual flight.

I find in the actual aircraft the FD bars respond allot slower particularly when making small adjustments (less overshoot etc)...so I may have a slight biased opinion when I hop onto the sim at home. :D

I appreciate you getting back to me. If you find anything else out I would really appreciate hearing back.