Dash8- Q400 Pilot Edition - P3DV5.1

I am running P3DV5.1 on Windows 10 platform with latest updates. The MJC Dash8-Q400 installed was purchased through PC Aviator, and it has been updated for P3DV5. The problem I am experiencing is related to Hyd Press and Hyd Qty gauges at startup. The gauges jiggle and bobble around, and so does the Oil Pressure gauges for both engines. The Master Caution light flashes and cannot be extinguished. The warning 'ding' is really annoying. When I turn off all of the Battery and External Power switches the issue stops. Also, I have no way of selecting the option for a "Cold and Dark" configuration. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same out come. I also noticed that now, P3D does not fully shut down. I must force it to do so. A solution to fix this issue with the Dash 8 is badly needed.

Comments

• edited May 2021
    1. The issue you speak of regarding your gauges is due to a protection issue primarily experienced if the installer is not executed as the Administrator. Uninstall the aircraft and then reinstall by right clicking on the installer and choose "Run As Administrator"

2. The cold and Dark panel state configuration via the CPAN is only available in the PRO edition of the Q400 and from your title it would seem that you have the PILOT Edition. One is able to create a cold and dark state by configuring the aircraft to the state of choice and then saving it as a scenario, however this will only load the aircraft in that specific state at the airport the scenario was created at. Of course you can move the aircraft to the airport of choice after loading.

3. The hung closure of the simulator is very likely related to the protection issue being experienced.

You mentioned that you have updated the Q400, but just to be sure are you using the 64bit version of the Q400 which had to be updated from the 32bit version for P3D v4 and v5.

There are a few discussions on the forum regarding this for additional information.
  • Kroswynd, I thank you for your response. I implemented your suggested uninstall/reinstall method, hoping that the issue would be resolved. Unfortunately, your suggested procedure did not fix the problem. My antivirus software is Bit Defender, and I took the precaution to make the MJC executable installer an "Exception". thus allowing for an uninterrupted successful install. I am using Chase Plane. Don't know if it would cause any problems?? Also, during the reinstall, I was prompted to install DirectX 12, even though it was already installed on my pc last year. Do you have any further possible solutions to this problem?

• Thanks for the update.

1. Chase Plane being installed should not pose a problem to the proper functionality of the Q400 add-on.

2. The DirectX and Simconnect installations that come up during the installation process are a part of the add-on must be installed as well, omitting to do so may cause the Q400 not to work as it should.

3. Might I suggest that you have a look in your USER AREA and ensure that you have applied the following patch which is applicable to the PILOT Editions only.
    Forum Post relating to his:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/817/temporary-fix-for-prepar3d-v4-5-v5-ctds#latest

If this fails then drop our Support department and email and we'll see if we can dig deeper into your issue.

Keep us posted
  • Kroswynd. Prior to your posted response of May 29th, I had uninstalled the MJC Dash8-Pilot edition, because I had decided to put the problem on hold. However, your post of May 29th compelled me to reinstall the Dash8, using the Installer, and Rev 2 Dll fix listed on the "Patches And Updates" page in the User Area. I am pleased to tell you that the Rev dll fix fixed the problem I was experiencing. I will now proceed to plan a flight in the Dash8 and let you know if all is okay. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

• Thanks for the update, and good to hear that you are back on track

Cheers