The Dash-8 Q400 and FSEconomy

I have been interested in purchasing this plane for use with FSEconomy (via FSX) but according to user accounts in their Discord as well as Forums people have seen mixed results, and despite searching their forums no reliable answers regarding whether or not the plane is dependable to use in conjunction with FSEconomy. It has been noted that the errors are caused by the Q400 using an external engine to manage its systems, one that has issues with feeding information to FSEconomy's FSUIPC and SimConnect clients for FSX. Some have said that the Pro edition is reliably compatible with FSEconomy, but because retailers do not offer refunds on digital products I am wary.

Since I have read both success and failure stories, but not seen any definitive answers on the subject using their resources, I have come here to ask if any of you can vouch for the viability of using this plane along with FSEconomy reliably. I would love to fly it but would prefer not to invest in it if I can't use it for that purpose. I tried searching here for "FSEconomy" but received no results, I also tried searching for "FSE" but the results were flooded with unrelated threads. So I do apologise if this has been addressed in a previous thread of posts.

Thank you!

Comments

• Thank you for your query and interest in the MJC Q400, myself nor the developer have ever used/tested FS Economy, but I have seen a few discussions on other forums making mention of some issues such as fuel and OOOI time management when using the MJC Q400.

I am not sure if the developer has reached out to our Support for assistance, which he may have - and there could be some limitations due to our FDM being handled by an external interface which may be a bit difficult to overcome at this time, but not sure as I am not aware of any discussions on our end.

I'll inquire within to see if there has been any discussion with a bit more detail on the matter.

Cheers

• Thank you for the reply

• Upon further discussion we do not recall having any discussion with the developer of FSE. However, that unfortunely is not the only program that faces similar challenges.

The only thing that I can suggest is that developers when notified on issues are always welcome to reach out to our support to discuss possibilities of unifying both add ons.

Cheers
  • Appreciated, thank you again