Erratic / Inconsistent speed in taxiing

I'm having a problem maintaining a steady speed while taxiing. I start OK, then without touching the throttles or condition levers the a/c slows almost to a standstill, then accelerates again and sometimes too fast. It's almost like a 'stutter' that doesn't quite happen. I have plenty of RAM, a 500GB SDD and a 2060ti GPU so is this a software issue?
Andrew

Comments

• Would you by chance be using autosave for fsuipc? This tend to create in some cases stutters and or odd behavioral tendencies in the Dash primarily due to the fact the Q400 merely uses the simulation platform as a scenery generator.

If that is not the issue, have you tried running the Q400 without any thrid party addons running in the background?

Does this happen while airborne as well?
  • Hi kroswynd. I don't use fsuipc, so it isn't that. I have just deleted ORBX Central, and several of their sceneries - no effect. The only other third party add-ons I can think of are other sceneries, mostly UK2000 series, Active Sky Next and the Immersive Sound for both your Dash Q400 and the PMDG 737, so why would they be affecting the Dash only?

• Sceneries normally do not have an effect on the Q400 unless sim settings are high and have an impact on fps in which this behavior can be exhibited.

There recently have been some reports of the immersion manager causing some issues with the aircraft being slight submerged in the scenery, not sure if you are running the immersion manager, if so try closing that and see if there may be change in behavior.
  • OK, I'll try that (when I find out where / what it is!!). At the moment my fps is 'locked' at 30.

• Hi kroswynd. Is the Immersion Manager a function of the Majestic software, or something else. An idea of where to look for it would be a great help.

• I personally have never had it installed but it's a part of the Immersion utilities from Parallel 42 (chasePlane/Q400 immersion and a few other titles). Not sure if you use some of those utilities which I suspect has a manager to control them.
  • I use the Q400 immersion (sound only), so maybe it's that. Thanks.

• Ah, that is a different addon and has no effect on the Q400. So we are back to square one at the moment. It may be best if you provide a video clip to show the issue that you are having.

Thanks

• OK, I'll try. I've never done that on the computer - I may have to use my phone camera!