FDE not recognizing joystick inputs

edited July 2021 in Customer support

I'm using Prepar3D v5.2 with Majestic Q400 PRO v1.021. I've got FSUIPC6 but the profile I am using with the Q400 is empty (no bindings). I don't use P3D bindings, so they're all blank. This is in my mjc84.ini file:

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
J0_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
J0_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC
J3_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
J3_X=FlightControls_->sensors.BrakeL0_ADC
J3_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.BrakeR0_ADC
J4_X=FADEC_->FADEC_engines[0].controls.throttle
J4_Rz=FADEC_->FADEC_engines[1].controls.throttle
J4_Ry=FADEC_->FADEC_engines[0].controls.prop
J4_Rx=FADEC_->FADEC_engines[1].controls.prop
J4_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.FlapsInput
J8_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Tiller_ADC
J0_b1=FlightControls_->sensors.ElevatorTrimDn
J0_b2=FlightControls_->sensors.ElevatorTrimUp
J0_b3=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button
J0_b5=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage
J4_b28=AFCS_->inputs.GA_button

For whatever reason, only the aileron axis works. No other axes. On the CPAN, I only see the numbers change for the aileron axis. Any ideas?

Comments

• Just looking at your config it is not always easy to identify the issue. There could very well be a mis-numbering of the input device assignments, I would start by recommending that have the proper assignments and proper axii for each physical joystick.

Keep us posted

• Well, for starters, how come the aileron works but the elevator doesn't? Same joystick ID, just a different axis.

• Good question, I can not answer it off the top as there could be an underlying issue as incorrect axis depending on the type of input device in use. It is unfortunate that not all devices have the same foot print when it comes to setting up the controls. The other hope is that the information that FSUIPC is giving regarding joystick assignments is also correct.

Unfortunately, I am not using FSUIPC currently with the Q400 as I am running it default profile in testing mode to ensure the aircraft works with the platform as intended.

Another item of importance, please ensure that all of your input devices have been calibrated as failure to do so will prevent the axii from being correctly displayed in the CPAN.

If you continue having issues, write to us via our Support email