FMS Pilot Data Routes not available

I was trying to save the flight plan in the FMS and the option is not allowed. Also, Routes is not accessible in the Data, Pilot Data section of the FMS. Is this how the software is or is this my system only?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
If this is how the sim is, what are you guys using to create and save and load flight plans into the fms.

Comments

1. Saving a flight plan is executed via the MENU page under STORE FPL
    2. When you make mention of routes, are you speaking of SAVED ROUTES or items such as airways, VORs, etc?
  • Hi, when I save the flight plan I am not able to load it again. After I erase the flight plan I just saved I am unable to load it again. When I go to Copy flight plan there is nothing available to load. Somehow my version of the sim is not storing the saved plan. Routes are saved flight plans that are loaded via the Copy Flight plan function.

• Ok - copy on the routes, just making sure we are on the same page.

I need you to verify something for me.

1. When you save a flight plan, open the "routes" folder which is located inside of the "NAV" folder of the "mjc8q400 root folder, and confirm that your routes are actually being stored there.

2. Any routes that you saved previously should be there. If there are not being stored there. Then I would recommend un-installing the Q400 and re-installing it using the Administrator Rights by right clicking on the installer and choosing the Run As Administrator.

Keep us posted.

Cheers