What is DAA?

Hello!
I fly the Dash quite some time now, but I never really got it what the "Delivery at aircraft" section in the CPAN does? I understand the cargo mass left of it, but what is DAA?

The manual says: First the mass of each load is entered into the Mass fields, than the
number for “Delivery At Aircraft” bags is typed into the “DAA” fields.

But I am as wise as before reading it...
Thank you!

Comments

• edited July 2021

Understand, it can be a bit confusing regarding the terminology.
    MASS = cargo/freight
    DAA = bags delivered by ramp agaents (checked/carry-on)

• Thank you for your answer! But one thing I still dont get... I enter the mass of the cargo (I enter what I take with me on the flight) But why does it matter in how much bags the mass arrives? It still is the same mass I entered.

Sorry, I dont want to nag anyone, I just want to understand it :P

• From Luxair:

Bombardier Q400
    Please be aware that your cabin baggage size 55 X 40 X 23 cm will automatically be tagged as “delivery at aircraft (DAA)” baggage. This means, you will have to leave it in front of the aircraft before boarding and pick it up right after landing, when leaving the aircraft.

Depending of the operator you consider the bags par PAX to a certain mass (13 Kg is an average value).
    i.e. 54 PAX would give 702 Kg that you enter as cargo value + some freight if any.
    This is the easiest way to do it.

I made a small Excel file to have these values directly. Of course you can change these values to suit your needs.
    JP

• Now I get it, thank you guys!
    I made an logical error and thought that it does not count to overall cargo (meaning freight+baggage)
    All clear now!