CTD on P3D 5.1 Start - Visual Extension Package

Hi,

I am experiencing a CTD on starting the simulation. To be clear the simulation loads (P3D v5.1 latest patch as of today) I select my scenario with the Majestic as the aircraft. The simulation beings to load but I experience a CTD before it completes, I see the window with the % bar but it never populates with text or the bar.

The event log shows;

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.2.22.27615, time stamp: 0x60db69bf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0xe7a22463
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff259
Faulting process ID: 0x3d28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d789fc42281883
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: d91507d9-0728-4e93-b7e7-aa936bca06c4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application

Just to be clear, if I load any other aircraft with the same scenario the simulation loads properly. I think this is being caused by the MJC Q400... perhaps there is an easy fix or I've failed to do something..

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Cheers

Craig

Comments

• If I re-install the PRO edition I have, then the aircraft loads again. But after installing the new visual pack again, the problem comes back.

Not sure if that helps.

• I am now managing to load the simulation with another aircraft and then load the Dash. Originally I had a problem where the displays would go crazy when I did this, but now it appears stable. If however I attempt to load directly from the initial scenario screen, then I get the crash to desktop.

• Normally the CTD that you are listing is not caused directly by the Q400, but but a third party addon conflict. Not saying that this is your case specifically.

1. Based on your last post you have tried what I would have suggested first. Load a default aircraft like the raptor then the Dash.

2. I have had a similar issue of this nature in the past and it was being triggered by an outdated fsuipc which did not like my configuration with the Q400 for some reason.

As mentioned it coukd be triggered by anything but it would be good to get to the source of your issue.

Cheers
  • Yeah... I appreciate these sorts of errors are very hard to track down.. and many things can be the cause... as you said just trying to track it down really.. and it's isolated to the Dash... (in that I can reproduce it with the Dash and nothing else).. I agree that doesn't mean "the Dash is faulting" but figure you might have an idea where to look... FSUIPC is not the latest version.. so I'll update and re-test.. Any other pointers?

• Bummer... after updating FSUIPC... it's not made a difference unfortunately..

• Just as a trial on the fsuipc, backup and remove the fsuipc.ini and let it build a new one and see if it happens again, just a thought.

Keep me posted
  • Hi, I am running into the same issue. P3Dv5.2HF1 CTDs when loading the Dash with the visual expansion. Without it, it loads normal. Also, occasionally the Dash loads, but then it wont go into C&D, all kind of bells going off and no way to control anything. Reinstall didn't resolve. Also the rebuild of fsuipc.ini didn't help.

Sincerely, Erik

• I have the same issue. For me disabling SODE removes the CTD

• Never mind.. I still have CTD

• edited August 2021

Ok folks,

Thanks for the update regarding the CTD after installing the Visual Package.

The ntdll.dll CTD is normally a Windows-driven error. Troubleshooting a CTD can be a challenge especially not knowing if our product in question is the cause or is being triggered by a configuration setting or add-on. There are so many third-party utilities that run in the background that can cause a negative impact in ways that we would not even imagine.
    Normally when the Dash causes a CTD it points directly at some file within the Q400 structure. Have you attempted to run the Q400 without the use of any third-party add-ons, i.e AI traffic, GSX, weather generator, etc?

We are unable to replicate any CTD issues of any type at this time among the development and beta group, and at this time it is less than a handful of reports on the CTD "ntdll.dll" issue.

We too would certainly like to know if the Q400 is the cause of the issue and will continue to attempt to see if we can replicate it, but will need your assistance to try and identify the issue(s) on your end as well.

Keep us posted.