Visual Extension Pack - Installer Error

Hello!
I am getting this Error when I trie to install the Visual Extension Pack: (I have the latest PRO version installed)

There is already a similar post here in the forum, but I dont want to reinstall the plane if possible... I just have setup all things recently to my liking and if I have to reinstall I have to start all over again.

Is there a way to avoid reinstall?
Thank you

Comments

• edited August 2021

I have the error too. A full reinstall is needed?

• Okay... a little complaint... you provide updated files in our user folder that previous fixed bugs, SYSPAN and rev2 dll fixes that the installer does not recognise as being updated. Everyone has to uninstall their whole plane and reinstall if we had the previous hotfixes.

• To Majestic - People are not able to use this new pack - any answer?

• Same error here !!!!
    Trouble-free installation would be the minimum requirement for purchased software....

• Folks,

We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing.

A few a possible things come to mind with the issues you may be having and we are hoping thay it may be one of the following causing the indicated error message:

1. The incorrect version of the Q400

2. Attempting to install to a wrong location. Kindly ensure that the path listed is the correct path of the Q400 installation.

3. Failure to run the installer using Administrator rights by right clicking on the installer and choosing *Run As Administrator*

4. We have also gotten one report where authentication page is not presented during the installation, which at this time we have not be able to isolate.

> @ggerolamo said:
    > Same error here !!!!
    > Trouble-free installation would be the minimum requirement for purchased software....

While we would like to ensure that in a perfect world unfortunately there can and always be hucups when it comes to software. These items were not encountered during the beta test period so we have to deal with them as they arise.
  • @kroswynd said:
    Folks,

We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing.

A few a possible things come to mind with the issues you may be having and we are hoping thay it may be one of the following causing the indicated error message:

1. The incorrect version of the Q400

2. Attempting to install to a wrong location. Kindly ensure that the path listed is the correct path of the Q400 installation.

3. Failure to run the installer using Administrator rights by right clicking on the installer and choosing Run As Administrator

4. We have also gotten one report where authentication page is not presented during the installation, which at this time we have not be able to isolate.

> @ggerolamo said:
    > Same error here !!!!
    > Trouble-free installation would be the minimum requirement for purchased software....

While we would like to ensure that in a perfect world unfortunately there can and always be hucups when it comes to software. These items were not encountered during the beta test period so we have to deal with them as they arise.

The update installer gave an error when I had the hotfixes used as I said in my post above. I installed the base Q400 package from my account and the update installed. It finds the hotfixes I mentioned and sees them as an incorrect version. It should not do that.

• Small addendum:
    After complete uninstallation and subsequent reinstallation, it now worked ! Unfortunately, I have to note that there is not really any recognizable added value of the add-on :-(
    Nevertheless, the Q400 is a great aircraft (even without the so-called 'Visual Extension Pack').

• Thank you for the update and we appreciate your input.
  • edited August 2021

@ggerolamo said:
    Small addendum:
    After complete uninstallation and subsequent reinstallation, it now worked ! Unfortunately, I have to note that there is not really any recognizable added value of the add-on :-(
    Nevertheless, the Q400 is a great aircraft (even without the so-called 'Visual Extension Pack').

I am also very underwhelmed, and this bug in the installer is meh. Rain on windshield is nice. But I like the Dash and I am happy to support it.

• We are still trying to get to the bottom of why you and very select few have this issue.

As always we thank you for your honesty and continued support.
  • I have the same problem. I have have unistalled and reinstalled Q400 pro with the files in my user area and have version 1.021. I still got the message "This patch can only be installed over the MJC84 versions PILOT or PRO 1.021 (64 bit).

• I have uninstalled/installed four times without success. I have disabled my antivirus program. I have checked every point, see in bold. I want my patch to work.

1. The incorrect version of the Q400.Yes its the version downloaded from my user area. The file is mjc8-400-Pro-1_021-x64-inst.exe

2. Attempting to install to a wrong location. Kindly ensure that the path listed is the correct path of the Q400 installation. It’s the right location for my P3D

3. Failure to run the installer using Administrator rights by right clicking on the installer and choosing Run As Administrator. I have installed choosing Run As Administrator

4. We have also gotten one report where authentication page is not presented during the installation, which at this time we have not be able to isolate. The message “This patch can only be installed over the MJC84 versions PILOT or PRO 1.021 (64 bit)” comes after the authentication page

• I am having different problems with this software, and it was suggested that I check if software is being pointed to the correct location.
    So I set location as full address for mjc400. I got same message as you!
    But If I leave location as just P3D it installed .
    Hope this helps

• edited August 2021

@SteveC Thanks for the suggestion. No, there was no change either way.

• Any answer from Majestic?. I can´t install the Extension pack I bought.

• After even more reinstallations have finally managed to install the extension. It turned out to work if I did not install the two available patches that are in my user area. How do I change the installed cabin views?

• @Seat7A said:
    Any answer from Majestic?. I can´t install the Extension pack I bought.

Apologies, as I missed your post.

Copy you did get the installer to work using the base installer minus the patches. The cabin views can be accessed if you right-click with the mouse within your VC under "Aircraft" you should see options to take you into the cabin where the cabin views would be permissible. Also for Chase Plane users, one should be able to manipulate access to the cabin and set positions.