Another fuel loading problem in PRO

I updated P3D for v 4.3 and found out that suddenly I have US instead of Hybrid. No big thing, just click the right option. But.....

When I load fuel from CPAN into the Q400 (SEND DATA TO FLIGHTSIM) nothing changes in the Fuel On Board. (Of course the sim pauses, but that's what it supposed to do).
I tried CPAN to run as administrator, but that doesn't help.

Would be nice to have it working like before (v4.2) again.

Dirk

Comments

• Hi Dirk,

Within the CPAN there should be a text file... Can you confirm that one is there?
  • Hi Kroswynd,

Just checked. In the CPAN dir there is only mjc84cpan.exe and WB.ini and the subdir res. No .txt file.

Dirk

• Ok my apologies..... I meant the WB.ini

Now check to see if the values change in the WB when you push the data to the Q400.

You did advise that are running the CPAN as admin
  • I opened, checked and closed the WB.ini.
    Then I changed the vuales in CPA and hit the button.
    The values in WB.ini were updated.
    And...
    to my surprise... this time the new values were updated on the MFD, while they were not updated earlier today.

This leaves me with a big questionmark on the forehead, but apparently the problem solved itself. Or did you do some telepathic magic? ;-)

Thanks for helping me out.

Dirk

• OMG, it was not over today. I did see some change on the MFD yesterday, thinking 'it's OK', but it was not.

When the MFD reads 500 KGS 500 (so 1000 in total) and use CPAN to load 4300 KGS into the plane, the MFD reads 1000 KGS 1000 (so 2000 in total).
    Thinking this is a kgs/pound thing, and knowing that the first startup of P3Dv4.3 suddenly gave me US instead of Hybrid, which I corrected into Hybrid, I was thinking that this might be the cause.

I changed in CPAN/Flight Config into lbs and then back to kgs and applied both times; reloaded the aircraft, but that did not help. I switched off panel serialization in P3D; saved another Q400; exit P3D; start P3D, but that did not help either.

The WD.ini has the correct values.

Dirk

• Just found out what the problem was. (Myself!). Very sorry to bother you.
    I've been outdoor for a very long time and my first flight gave me this issue. No excuse. Sh!t happens.
    Have good flights and happy landings.

Dirk

• No bother... Just needed to ensure that we could get you back up and running... As I mentioned your issue was not a common one, but we have had a few irregular issues in the past which were corrected.

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle.
  • @Captain45 said:
    I updated P3D for v 4.3 and found out that suddenly I have US instead of Hybrid. No big thing, just click the right option. But.....

When I load fuel from CPAN into the Q400 (SEND DATA TO FLIGHTSIM) nothing changes in the Fuel On Board. (Of course the sim pauses, but that's what it supposed to do).
    I tried CPAN to run as administrator, but that doesn't help.

Would be nice to have it working like before (v4.2) again.

Dirk

Glad you brought this up as I have returned to flying the Dash 8 after a long while.

When I get that SEND DATA ........message, the P3Dv4.3 goes into a Simulation Pause mode and nothing else much happens. Am I supposed to wait till that Simulation Paused message clears?

• No....any changes sent via the CPAN will pause the simulation as it is programmed this way by design. You will have to unpause the simulation and continue as normal.

Cheers
  • @kroswynd said:
    No....any changes sent via the CPAN will pause the simulation as it is programmed this way by design. You will have to unpause the simulation and continue as normal.

Cheers

Thank you for that, but I see none of that Data being loaded in the aircraft's FMS after I have unpaused the Sim. So what exactly is the purpose of SEND DATA TO FLIGHTSIM when it does not input that data and I have to manually input vague top-of-the-head figures?

• That is correct... FMS data is manually entered by the pilot as in the real world.

Cheers
  • edited November 2018
    The point is it physically loads the fuel, passengers and cargo. You should notice the fuel gauge changing when you "Send to flight sim".

You don't have to input vague figures, there's a fuel readout at the bottom of the engine instruments. Then you can input ZFW from the CPAN or a loadsheet as real pilots do.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320
  • @kroswynd said:
    That is correct... FMS data is manually entered by the pilot as in the real world.

Cheers

So, the W&B CPan data is calculated by the CPan, then it's just a matter of copying those figures into the FMS, right?

@ckyliu said:
    The point is it physically loads the fuel, passengers and cargo. You should notice the fuel gauge changing when you "Send to flight sim".

You don't have to input vague figures, there's a fuel readout at the bottom of the engine instruments. Then you can input ZFW from the CPAN or a loadsheet as real pilots do.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

Will do that and check if fuel is being loaded, and that ZFW from CPAN as you state, but CPan shows ZFM. Where do I find the ZFW, unless it's me that is getting the acronyms wrong, i.e ZFW=ZFM?

• ZFW = ZFM, it's just deHavilland/Majestic nomenclature. It's Zero Fuel Weight/Mass (i.e. what the aircraft weighs including itself, passengers and cargo but excluding fuel)

• Hi,

I am the first to talk about ZFW since many many years but it is wrong and we should say ZFM. I am not going to develop but it is a question of gravitational acceleration which is a tiny bit different between the equator and the poles. The MASS never change but the WEIGHT does. For aeronautical purposes we can say that ZFM is the same than ZFW.

Going back to the subject about loading the airplane, when entering the values into the CPAN and sending them to the flight sim, the only value that we can see is the fuel but everything is taken into account: masses (weight) and their position which are affecting the flight dynamics.

As it was explained by Kroswynd and Ckyliu, we have to enter everything ourselves in the FMS and if you do not enter the real value it could affect the safety of your flight as it was done very recently (RL) in a 737 where the pilot entered a weight 40T lower than the actual weight.

Same regarding the FPL as we mentioned in another post.

JP

• I studied Physics to SATII/A-Level so I know it should be mass, but the lay person and aviation operating staff always call it weight.