Systems broken when PC motherboard is changed

Hi,

I am having a strange issue that when I change the motherboard in my PC (I move my storage devices between 2 PC's when commuting), I am having lots of weird systems issues and the only way to fix is to reinstall the Q400, however I don't want to have to keep doing this because it will use up my installations very quickly.

Some of the issues are listed below (all present on start up):

PFD is constantly aligning
Left oil temp = 3640
Right oil temp = -2147483648
Hydraulic qty graphs fluctuating above 100%

I am assuming that it is probably just as simple as changing a file or something.

Many thanks,

rjrm

Comments

• That would be correct as the Q400 is detecting a protection issue, which would require re-installing the add-on.

Cheers

• Thanks for the quick reply.

I will ask for more installations when I run out.

• No worries, be sure to provide an explanation as to the reason why the need for additional installations is necessary.

Another thing that you may be able to try (not a guarantee to work). Delete all *.mj1 and *mj2 files before loading the Q400 os each system.

Cheers

• I'm also getting this problem and have already reinstalled, however weeks later it's started doing it again, this is not acceptable as i''ll soon have to ask for more installations if i have to keep doing this....

• @CptBambi said:
    I'm also getting this problem and have already reinstalled, however weeks later it's started doing it again, this is not acceptable as i''ll soon have to ask for more installations if i have to keep doing this....

Ok, after investigating it appears that the protection issue is also triggered if you change your processor settings. I.e switching hyperthreading on or off..

• @CptBambi said:
    I'm also getting this problem and have already reinstalled, however weeks later it's started doing it again, this is not acceptable as i''ll soon have to ask for more installations if i have to keep doing this....

A protection issue normally does not pop-up out of the blue. Something is normally the cause of a protection issue. In the past we have had some reports of this after a WIN update, but we have not seen this oddity as of late.

We'll have a look into the switching of HT on/off as we have not experienced that during our testing.

Something being unacceptable if it is being a nuisance is understandable, however we have to create protections for our product, and if there may be something that is being done that may trigger this and or cause an anomaly then we will do the research to verify that what you experience can be replicated Different computer configurations can yield many variations of protections issues as we have seen in the past.

• Hi,

I switched HT on and off several times for testing different performance setup scenarios, and this was no issue at all for the Q400 and the license.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• @aua668 ,

Thanks for checking as well, I too did a few checks and had no issues