Steep approach realism

Hi folks,
I know that at least one operator at EGLC has an ‘enhanced’ GPWS on the aircraft it flies into London City, which involves having an extra switch next to the GPWS flap selector switch on the main panel. My question is, is it technically unrealisitic to fly the Majestic Q400 in and out of EGLC as it doesn’t have that enhanced GPWS option? Would an operator be allowed to fly the aircraft to EGLC without this available?

Comments

• An aircraft indeed needs to be fitted with that particular switch to be allowed to perform steep approaches.
    However, I wouldn't necessarly worry about it too much, as this steep approach switch does nothing more than changing your GPWS altitude callouts afaik.
    Apart from that detail, the Majestic Q400 handles steep approaches flawlessly.

Hopefully we will see that switch being implemented in a future version :)

• Excellent, thanks. Can I ask kroswynd or any other dev if that switch/GPWS mod will be making its way into a future version?

• This has been a topic of discussion in the past which, if I recall, we opted to not include the steep approach option. Many of our decisions to not include options in the current model of the Q400 are primarily due to the face that the model which was used in the creation of the MJC model did not have these options.

Cheers

• I see, thanks kroswynd. In that case, I think I’ll just stay away from EGLC. It’s a great sim nonetheless.