'Save' / 'Load' not working + Landing gear stuck

Hi,

I have been flying the Q400 for many hours now, and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me resolve:

(1) When I save a flight (on the runway and before take-off, or during flight), I save the file in P3RD but when I exit the sim and get back in and select the saved file from the P3RD list (under "Load"), PR3D won't start. I see the system attempting to start the saved file but then it stops and I am back to my desktop. Is there a way to save and load that perhaps I do not know? I posted a question in the P3RD forum, but they could not help me and directed me back to Majestic. Was this functionality tested and does it work?

(2) In my last couple of flights, starting from cold and dark, once I am airborne and have a positive rate, the landing gear will not retract. Perhaps the level of realism of the aircraft is telling me something that I am not catching. All switches / levers are set the way they are supposed to be. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Ok, mystery solved on the landing gear 'inop' thing.

Now, is there a solution to the save/load issue? PR3D does not seem too interested in helping... any suggestion?

• The failure of the landing gear to retract more than like is related to a failure to remove the gear pins prior to closing the main pax door and starting the engines.

The next time you save a scenario forward me the files which can be acquired from your prepar3d file folder in the documents folder. Will see if I can replicate the issue.
  • I was able to load a scenario just yesterday. What I noticed is that if I open the sim and try to load a saved scenario immediately, the scenario just won't load and the sim won't even start, but if I first select any aircraft and go to any airport and then (from that point) select a saved scenario, the scenario loads. I am not sure this is how the 'load' feature is really designed to work but this is the only way I was able to get it to work. All scenarios created by LM, however, load immediately as soon as I open the sim, and this is what was causing my perplexity with the feature. I am not sure the guys at LM support even picked up on this. They never even considered offering this is a solution. I'll forward you a scenery, thanks.

• How do I send the scenario? I have the same scenario with 5 different extensions: .wx, FLT, .mj1, .mj2, .fxml. I am not sure how to forward any of them.

• Create a zip file with all the files mentioned. And attach the file to the post

Cheers
  • Ok, here they are. I'll stand by, thanks

• Thank you for the files, unfortunately the files are unusable as they appear to be shortcut.lnk and not the actual files.

• edited October 2021

Understood, that was my concern also. No worries, I found a work-around to make this work. After additional testing, I also found out that the 'load' feature behaves differently with different aircraft. The Dash 8, for example, allows me to load a scenario with the flight plan still active, while other aircraft require a flight plan to be reinserted upon loading the scenario, which defeats the purpose of a saved scenario.

I really appreciate the support! I love this aircraft, you guys did a fantastic job. I have been flying the Dash 8 allover Europe, which is where I am from, and can't put it down. :)

I forgot to ask: is Majestic developing other aircraft? I'll definitely continue to follow any future developments, given the high standard set by the Dash 8.