WAAS and Majestic Q400

Hey there, love this plane, have been flying it for about a year and learned tons of stuff from it.

One thing I'm curious about, can the majestic q400 perform LPV approaches? I'm not sure if it's WAAS equipped.

Comments

• Yes it can, along with RNP AR approaches.
  • Are you sure? I believe the Majestics Dash cannot fly an LPV approach because there is no WAAS or EGNOS in the simulator and it does not have the appropriate equipment. In this regard, RNAV only goes up to an LNAV / VNAV-guided approach and the corresponding minimum.

• I have flown RNP AR approaches with it. Honestly I haven’t paid too much attention to whether it can fly to LNAV/VNAV mins or LPV, I always just set LPV mins. The real plane can fly to LPV minimums so that’s what I’ve always flown with the majestic. Haven’t paid that much attention tbh
  • > @zedlin said:
    > I have flown RNP AR approaches with it. Honestly I haven’t paid too much attention to whether it can fly to LNAV/VNAV mins or LPV, I always just set LPV mins. The real plane can fly to LPV minimums so that’s what I’ve always flown with the majestic. Haven’t paid that much attention tbh

It can fly RNP approaches, however the Majestic Dash 8 can't fly LPV approaches as it isn't WAAS equipped. Not every single real one can fly to LPV minimums either, as not every single Q400 is WAAS equipped.
  • The Majestic Q400 is not WAAS equipped. We have discussed its implementation and may approach it later on in our development road map.
  • > @kroswynd said:
    > The Majestic Q400 is not WAAS equipped. We have discussed its implementation and may approach it later on in our development road map.

Awesome. Looking forward to its implementation 👍🏻