Windows 11 Compatibility

Recently upgraded to windows 11 and am now having a whole slew of issues. Flight control surfaces going haywire (which is probably why the low hydraulic lights are going crazy), artificial horizon on the PFD is flipping upside down every few seconds, oil temps on the display are showing a huge negative number. I have already reinstalled the C++ redistributable as someone suggested that for another P3d addon I was having issues with, which did not fix the problem.

Comments

• We have not tested with Win 11 and I probably will not be making the change for a while.

I would recommend reinstalling the aircraft if you have not done so already, since upgrading to the new platform caused protection issues.
  • Bingo, that fixed the problem, sorry should have tried that before posting.

• No worries
  • Well running the current training version with Win 11 and P3Dv5.3 B)

• I have the same problem, also W11 but I just bought it, so, nor P3D V5.3 (bought that 2 weeks ago) nor the Q400 was first used at W10. I have the acedemic version of p3d and so I had to buy the normal (simpelst) version of the plane (via Just Flight)

Reinstalled it 2 times but no difference. I only have the A2A constellation and TFDi 717 and both work fine. Also chase plane and the usual Orbx stuff (base, vector, LC europe and N USA, terraflora 2, HD houses) After some install/setting up bumps all things works fine by now. Except the Dash 8

It loads fine but the same things happen as in the start topic. Have not flew it because the ongoing alarm beeping of the hydraulics pump problem is very irritating. Sometimes I can start, most times not. The apu switches now work but yesterday not, the 3 rightmost displays show fantom values and other strange behaviour, the left radio only shows test in progress, the right ATT/HDG Align and DG light is on all the time. The right caution light is constant active.

I bought it just before updating to V5.3 and the few times I tried in 5.2 it caused a CTD every time I tried to load it.

Installed it today for the 3rd time, tried to use it like over 20 times since I bought it. I know how to fly/start it because it is my most used plane in X-plane 11 (the FJS Dash-8 Q4XP), (used the excellent majesty manual to learn the xplane version :-) )

Please help.

• I found the DLL file in the user section and that solved it

• > @awf said:
    > Well running the current training version with Win 11 and P3Dv5.3 B)

Thanks, how are you linking win11?
  • @kroswynd said:
    > @awf said:
    > Well running the current training version with Win 11 and P3Dv5.3 B)

Thanks, how are you linking win11?

Liking Win11 fine, some small issues, but overall great step forward :-)

• Sounds good, thanks for the feedback
  • @pa4tim said:
    I found the DLL file in the user section and that solved it

do you mind sharing the solution so others with windows 11 can get it working? thanks

• for those reading. There is another thread on avsim about this. Seems that the DLL's replace those in the enhancement package. So I'm wondering if the enhancement package can no longer be used in a windows 11 environment? I'm still going to attempt reinstall of the plane and hope that cures this issue.