Question on use of "Nose-wheel steering"

My understanding is that in the Real aircraft Nose wheel steering (tiller) is only used for taxiing and runway line-up and exit. I have selected the ailerons-mouse option since I don't have a separate controller. The tutorial and the videos I have watched seem to imply that for the Majestic simulation it is to be left on for the entire flight. Is that correct? How would one accomplish a crosswind takeoff when the ailerons are still connected to steering? I am sure I am just misunderstanding something. Kindly provide me some clarity. Thank you in advance.

Craig

Comments

• Craig,

Executing a crosswind takeoff will not be an issue as one does not use nose wheel steering to control the aircraft during the takeoff roll. Although you are using the "aileron+mouse" option the nose wheel steering will disengage when the aircraft accelerates past 40 knots and will use only rudder input, allowing one to utilize the yoke for the crosswind takeoff.

• I was hoping it was something like that but absolutely no documentation on it. Thank you very much for your usual quick response. Your immediate attentiveness to our issues is a real plus for your company. Again thank you.

Craig