No HGS

My HGS does not work anymore. The panel on the console only shows in red: " HGS" on line 2 and " Panel" on line 3. the optical combiner screen shows nothing. I have the pro version (pilot version plus pro upgrade) and the graphical package.

Comments

• Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the addon?
  • No, not yet, because it has worked and the message implies it still does, but needs to switch on or so. But I can not find how.

I also am not sure how to reinstall it, I bought p3d only a few weeks ago so not much experience other then that it is way more complicated then XPlane. (just dump the plane in the aircraft directory)

Do I need to install first the pilot version and then apply the 2 upgrades or can it be done in one time ?

And to make it more complicated, I also use FS2crew plugin for this plane. Took me a lot of time to get it working due to the prehistoric manual that came with it. (the HGS had this problem already before FS2Crew, but I think It is/could be, related to the graphical upgrade.)

• Now I think of it, I had problems with the pilot version, then found the modded dll file on the forum. If it is not overwritten by the upgrades I still use that file. Could that be a thing ?

• Solved by reinstalling, now it also keeps it cold and dark setting

• edited December 2021

Cold and Dark is a panel state which one can change via the CPAN

Response from @kroswynd in another post:

P3D v5 introduced some issues with the CPAN which we have requested that LM look into. Until that issue is addressed (hopefully) there is work around that can be executed, and works if done correctly.
    1. Open the cpan as administrator (this can be done with the sim closed).
    2. Select the panel state of your choice.
    3. Click the APPLY button at the bottom of the CPAN
    4. Open the mjc84. Ini and check the status of the panel state