ARM APPR, TUNE APPR and ACT APPR on the FMS are no longer active in 1.024

2»

Comments

• edited February 2022

Hi,

I did two more flights LOWW-LOWG. And in both fligts no ARM APPR etc. shown.
    I also did reinstall the latest Navigraph AIRAC again, to be sure that everything is actual. But no change,

I noticed one interesting thing: I installed the Q400 via the 1.024 installers from Simmarket. But interestingly the ISI shows version 1.023B. Not sure if this is correct ?!?

Rgds
    Reinhard

• edited February 2022

@aua668

Yes, that's correct. Install v1.024 will show as 1.023B on the ISI.

I got my v1.024 installer from Majestic's User Area and I am seeing the same thing.

From memory, full install version 1.021 showed as 1.020B on the ISI. I am not sure why they display/show a number below the actual patch or install version number, but that's apparently what they do. (I wonder if 1.023B is actually the "Beta" number, and once the product is tested and ready to be released to market, they merely forget to update that number? I know this happens at the IT company I work for :smile: )

• @aua668 - what Edition of the Q400 are you using?
    Pilot or PRO?

• @freddy said:
    @aua668

Yes, that's correct. Install v1.024 will show as 1.023B on the ISI.

I got my v1.024 installer from Majestic's User Area and I am seeing the same thing.

From memory, full install version 1.021 showed as 1.020B on the ISI. I am not sure >why they display/show a number below the actual patch or install version number, >but that's apparently what they do. (I wonder if 1.023B is actually the "Beta" >number, and once the product is tested and ready to be released to market, they >merely forget to update that number? I know this happens at the IT company I work >for :smile: )

We've forgot to change it, the correct version can still be visible in the index.html

• The approach prompt bug was identified, and the fix will appear in the upcoming patch. For the time being, if you see the FMS not showing the prompt for a particular approach, do not select the STAR via the FMS. If the STAR is not automatically added to the flight plan, the FMS approach prompts will be shown correctly

• > @kroswynd said:
    > @aua668 - what Edition of the Q400 are you using?
    > Pilot or PRO?

Pro Version.
    Rgds
    Reinhard
  • @Boss said:
    We've forgot to change it, the correct version can still be visible in the index.html

👍

• @Boss Thank you for the info on the upcoming patch to fix the problem. "do not select the STAR via the FMS" sounds a bit strange to me. The 50 Nm mark is within the STAR most of the time (and during the descent). My rough guess is that if you skip the STAR and only select the RWY and ILS/RNAV APPR, the darn thing will not fly the STAR either. In real life ATC would have most certainly something against that. ;-)

• @Captain45 said:
    @Boss Thank you for the info on the upcoming patch to fix the problem. "do not select the STAR via the FMS" sounds a bit strange to me. The 50 Nm mark is within the STAR most of the time (and during the descent). My rough guess is that if you skip the STAR and only select the RWY and ILS/RNAV APPR, the darn thing will not fly the STAR either. In real life ATC would have most certainly something against that. ;-)

Hi,

You can enter the waypoints of the STAR manually. I assume, that this was meant as an interim alternative until the patch is available. So you can fly the STAR, if cleared by ATC.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Hi,

Is there any chance getting that fix for this failure?

Rgds
    Reinhard

• @aua668

Pushing a single fix would be a bit on the non-productive side as there several other fixes that need to be addressed. While I do not have a time frame on the next update it is certainly in the works.

Cheers

• Hi,

Xmas is coming and I have a wish, that the fix for that annoying problem is under my tree ;)

Any chance?

Rgds
    Reinhard