Is FMA wrong?

On an actual aircraft disengaging Autopilot will show FMA as 'AP DISENGAGE', but in this software it is shown as 'AP INHIBIT' and seems to be incorrect.

Comments

• Show us what you are speaking of. The AP DISENGAGE has been modeled correctly unless I am missing what you are referring to.

Autopilot/Tactile Control Steering (TCS) Annunciations
    The Autopilot symbol “AP”, located in the upper left corner of the display
    provides an annunciation that the FGS is engaged on both FGMs. When TCS is
    active, the letters “AP” are replaced with the letters “TCS”. “AP INHIBIT” shows
    when a failure or condition prevents autopilot engagement. “YD INHIBIT” shows
    when a failure or condition prevents yaw damper engagement

Autopilot Disengagement: WTG generates a tone is when the A/P is manually or automatically disengaged. The FGC transmits to the WTG the A/P disengagement signal. Simultaneously an "A/P DISENGAGED" message is displayed in the FMA (Flight Mode Annunciator).

• I've been waiting for this reply from Japan for ages lol.
    Thanks for the reply! You're right, that's how it was described in the real manual.
    I don't know if this simulator is a bug but it seems to be wrong. I think it's not only for me, but also for other people.
    Please see from 2:49:00.
  • For me (FSX) nothing is displayed in this regard (manual disconnect), only the sound, as in the video at 1:08:55

• Apparently he has fallen silent again.
  • Well, all of us, including the moderators, are not full-time here. Maybe he'll have to do some research now. Perhaps others can also write briefly whether this is also the case with them, which is to be suspected.

• edited June 2021

@Kouki said:
    Apparently he has fallen silent again.

Bear in mind that we do have lives and jobs outside of the forum, and there are times as in this case where this post was overlooked, our silence could simply mean the matter is being researched before providing an answer.

We'll have a look into this and see why it may have been programmed this way, and up date it if needed in a later update.