training edition. Should I update? IE: Slopes

So I noticed at orbx KSUN (Sun Valley, ID) that the majestic will continuously fall thru the runway/ramp etc. My other airplanes like the md-80 operate normally. Not sure if this is because the airport has a sloped runway? I see the training edition says it supports slopes. So can anybody confirm that will fix this type of issue. Since I already have the pro edition and the visual enhancement package, I don't want to update if it won't fix my issue. thanks.

Comments

• The surface normals (surface angle) of the Prepar3D are integrated into the Q400 FDE, allowing for the correct visuals and physics when operating on addon runways with a slope

That would be correct. This feature is only applicable to the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions of the Q400, as it required some additional work on the backend for features not applicable to the PRO and PILOT Editions.

Cheers

• edited February 2022

@micstatic ...Kindly hold off if you are intending to purchase the TRAINING edition as I was testing the TRAINING with the KSUN and noticed some oddities (it appears to be with this airport only though).

It seems as though there may be some issues with the airport since the release of P3D v5.x

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/200290-ksun-invisible-bump-on-runway/

• I have the same issue ad EDDM (sim-wings pro, version 1.1.2.0; P3D4.5) since the latest version of Q400 Pro (1.024):
    The Q400 continuously fall thru the taxiway at all 8 entry point. So it is not possible to taxi to the runway (particularly annoying when flying on VATSIM). With other aircrafts (PMDG, FSLabs) there is no such problem.

Any chance to resolve this problem?

Cheers, Ulrich

• Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think I have this addon airport so will check it in a few days when I return home.

• @kroswynd said:
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think I have this addon airport so will check it in a few days when I return home.

no problem. It also happened at madeira LPMA

• That would be correct. This feature is only applicable to the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions of the Q400, as it required some additional work on the back-end for features not applicable to the PRO and PILOT Editions.

The surface normals (surface angle) of the Prepar3D are integrated into the Q400 FDE, allowing for the correct visuals and physics when operating on add-on runways with a slope

• that's what i'm saying. I just updated to the training edition. Loaded up at madeira and airplane kept bouncing up and down.

• Its bouncing up and down, but is it going below the surface?

• i'm not at my computer. But yes bouncing crazy on spawn to the point where the aircraft seems like it would be unusable at that airport. Which is a bummer considering I can use my other ones. that's all.

• Is the LPMA an addon scenery of default airport?

• aerosoft madeira

• Hi
    Same problem with same scenery. Training Edition 1.024 P3D v4.5
    Aircraft is bouncing and rotating.

• I will have give it a go and see what I encounter when I get back home this weekend. If I recall having the terrain mesh set to more than 5m did cause an issue. There are threads in the forum regarding this behavior.

• Hi.
    Unfortunately terrain mesh setting does not have effect.
    Same behavior.

• edited March 2022
    I know this is the "training edition" thread, but I have this same issue with the PRO version in P3Dv5 at Aerosoft ENVA. "Falls through" the scenery (stands 29/30 tested). Loading into another plane, I don't have the same issue. Terrain Mesh sliders are maxed. I also have the same issue using the turnaround taxiway at Orbx EGLC at the end of runway 27
  • edited March 2022
    > @notarealpilot said:
    > I know this is the "training edition" thread, but I have this same issue with the PRO version in P3Dv5 at Aerosoft ENVA. "Falls through" the scenery (stands 29/30 tested). Loading into another plane, I don't have the same issue. Terrain Mesh sliders are maxed. I also have the same issue using the turnaround taxiway at Orbx EGLC at the end of runway 27

This feature is only applicable to the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions of the Q400, as it required some additional work on the back-end for features not applicable to the PRO and PILOT Editions.

The surface normals (surface angle) of the Prepar3D are integrated into the Q400 FDE, allowing for the correct visuals and physics when operating on add-on runways with a slope.
  • I have the same issue at Aerosoft ENVA. Latest pro version

• It sounds like even if people have the training edition, they are still having the issue.

• @micstatic.. The boucing issue is not the same as the sinking issue. We will investigate the issue and advise. Will have to get scenery

@KaptenEk... If you have the PRO edition I have mentioned in the previous response why you have the sinking issue.
  • Ok thanks.
  • ENVA is a problem in the TRAINING version as well.

• In terms of sinking or bouncing? > @Rudderduck said:
    > ENVA is a problem in the TRAINING version as well.

I do not own those sceneries so unabke to test.
  • edited March 2022

Ok so I was able to perform a quick test at LPMA and can confirm the continuous bouncing and sinking issue for the TRAINING edition.

Will add this to the bug list and hope that we can resolve the issue. I suspect that the issue at ENVA is similar.

• Hi,

I own the Pro edition.

I was thinking about upgrading to Training, but while an FDR would be nice, and so would maybe TrueGlass, it's not that important for me.

I'm thinking about this Slopes thing though.
    Is there somewhere a list of airports that use this technology so I can make an informed decision whether to upgrade? I don't particularly care about slopes (nice, but I've gone through generations of MSFS with flat airports, I can carry on with the same) but it seems like the same technique is used for some "flat" airports - like Madeira, Munich, London City? Particularly City is for me a prime Q400 airport, I would hate to find I upgraded to orbx scenery and can't use the Q400 there any more.

• @kroswynd said:
    Ok so I was able to perform a quick test at LPMA and can confirm the continuous bouncing and sinking issue for the TRAINING edition.

Will add this to the bug list and hope that we can resolve the issue. I suspect that the issue at ENVA is similar.

is this 'bouncing and sinking' problem already solved in the TRAINING edition ?

regards
    ggerolamo

• The TRAINING Edition did have some additional logic added to assist in handling sloped surfaces.

Unfortunately due to different approaches used in the development of airport runway/tarmac surfaces the Q400 may still have issues with some sloped surfaces. There was some testing but we did not work with all airports that have sloped elevations as we only have access to a hand full of sceneries.

Cheers