[p3dv5.3/mjc8-400Training1_024x64] Copy PLT RTE without origin behind 1 leads to p3d CTD

Hi folks,
if I don't type in an origin airport code behind 1 in the FPL page,
but push the Copy PLT RTE RSK3, p3d immediately suffers a CTD.
Not nice... :(
Even having stored a dummy RTE from e.g. from 1 ELLX to 2 EDDF with no name,
creates a ".fpr" file in ..\mjc8q400\nav\routes, ;)
however, this does not prevent the crash, if you hit too early Copy PLT RTE... :#

Feature canditate to prevent the CTD? :*
Thx,
P

Comments

• Show us an example of you issue either via images or video.

Thanks!

• @kroswynd said:
    Show us an example of you issue either via images or video.

Thanks!

Hi Kroswynd,
    please simply don't type in an origin airport on the FPL page, but press Copy PLT RTE,
    and experience or not a CTD with p3d.
    Thanks,
    P

• edited May 2022

Hi @19pecker67

Test performed:

Assuming this is what you mean here is a test performed. If this is not what you are referring to then provide kindly provide example(s) of your issue.

If this is what you are referring to to then there has to be something else going on. I have conducted this test in the PRO, TRAINING and COCKPIT versions to see if I could replicate.

For the test I am running the SIM platform without any addons except for CHasePlane and SimLink running in the background.

Is this happening at any airport (addon or default)?

Cheers

• Hi Kroswynd again.

Thanks for your test.
    Your actions are exactly what I am referring to.
    Well, on my side pushing Copy PLT RTE consistently led to a p3d crash.
    I cannot test right now, since I am in the air LOWW-ELLX as LG8854,
    and I prefer to keep my pax happy, but after landing I will run some tests again.
    Yeah, I own a big combo of ORBX, PMDG, Aerosoft, SimMarket sceneries and aircraft.

I am not sure but I would suspect more a Windows setting on my side that prevents simply to show the available flight plan, as I can see in your video.

Actually I store every flight plan, so I'd assume that simply more pages are available to scroll thru my 40 flightplans... There are only three on your machine.

Pecker.

• I build each route that I fly manually to ensure its accuracy, and since I very likely will not fly that route again it's pointless storing them.

Your issue could be triggered by many variables, its just a matter to trying to determine what it is by process of elimination (which can be time consuming unless you get a crash report from windows event viewer that may give some insight).

At this time its fair to assume that the Q400 is not the culprit.

Cheers

• So, after landing I cleared the FPL via input of 99 ENTER.
    But again, clicking Copy PLT RTE triggered the CTD again.
    Bad luck.
    I don't know why.
    If it fine on your machine, it is clear that Majestic don't have a clue, why I experience this effect on my machine.
    CU and thanks again for your tests.
    Pecker.

• Well it is not a matter that we don't have a clue, but more so a simple fact that this has not been an issue reported as a possible bug, so we have had not the need to trouble shoot.

I don't like hinting that it could be another add-on as that may not be the case but I have had issues in the past of such.

Feel free to reach out to our Support via email if the problem persist. However, when you experience a CTD look at your Windows event viewer to see what the crash could be related to.

Cheers