Majestic Software Status Update for 2022

edited November 2022 in ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

Hello All,

Life in the simulation world for Majestic Software lives on, however it has been at a very slow pace due to several reasons, some of which I will address. This post is primarily to provide an update regarding where we are and our outlook for development with the flight simulation platforms moving forward.

FSX & Prepar3D v3.x:
Yes, we still have users who still actively use FSX & P3D 32bit platforms, however while we will still support active products developed for FSX and P3D v3 we will not be doing any further development for those simulation platforms.

Prepar3D v4.x & v5.x:
We will continue to support the Q400 in v4.5/5.x and very likely the next version offered by Lockheed Martin. Regarding further development (additional features, etc.) of the Q400 for P3D will not likely continue as the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions have been released as planned, but of course updates when completed will continue. We did however mention several months back that we would push an update for the virtual cockpit, this is still the in the works but there have been some delays in getting this completed.

While MSFS is the newer simulation platform for which many are drawn to, Prepar3D offers unique features not yet applicable to MSFS which makes it a viable platform for MJC's TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions, and we very likely will continue development for the P3D platform as well, however it would be fair to say that P3D development will be subject for evaluation which would depend upon how well the platform will be supported by the customers in the future.

The Q300 v2 project is still on the drawing board and is very much alive, but at a slow pace as well.

MSFS 2020:
Flight Simulator 2020 has certainly made considerable strides over the last two years and the team has been feverishly working on updates making the platform more accessible for development.

Q400:
Folks frequently interject we used the SDK as an excuse for bringing the Q400 into MSFS and at the time of its initial release that was very much the case for us to be able to implement porting the Q400 over to MSFS. As each update is pushed by Asobo's team many things are improved thus allowing for progress. There are still a few things that we require which I am sure will be eventually addressed.

We will be pushing the Q400 to MSFS as a port over as mentioned previously, and this required our developer to completely re-write the code for the gauges and systems which is not a quick process and will be the major delaying component of the project (very much the same as almost starting from scratch). It would be unrealistic to provide a timeline for when we would like to see this port over ready for delivery at this time. However, once this phase is complete we can look at the Alpha testing phase.

Q300 v2:
This I think is one of the most anticipated aircraft that we have on our development board, which will be done from scratch for MSFS. This project's development will ramp up once the Q400 port over to MSFS is complete. The same is to be said of the other variants such as the 100/200.

As some of you already know the MJC is a small team of developers who also have daily jobs and families. So, the fast-paced development that is expected from some of the other dev teams is in no way feasible with the size of the MJC dev team. A timeline at this time of project completion cannot be provided, but when we are satisfied with the progress of projects in work we will provide updates with images and or video relating to such.

For many this may not quite be the news that was expected but we will get there.

Cheers
Turboprops RULE!!!

The Majestic Software Team

Comments

• Hi, thanks for the update. Could you please clarify what the scope will be for a port over into MSFS? What will happen with the new technologies available in MSFS when it comes to textures, decals, etc? Will you take advantage of these?

• Hi,

We will further address this issue when we get deeper into our development phase. But there will certainly be visual and external enhancements made to the aircraft.

There are certainly some technologies that will not be fully utilized since this is a port over. We very likely will not go into details with respect to our implementation plans and techniques.

Cheers
  • I don't think it's bad news at all. Besides the -400 and -300, what I REALLY latched onto at the end was the -200 and -100....These are longed for too.

• @kroswynd said:
    Hello All,

Life in the simulation world for Majestic Software lives on, however it has been at a very slow pace due to several reasons, some of which I will address. This post is primarily to provide an update regarding where we are and our outlook for development with the flight simulation platforms moving forward.

FSX & Prepar3D v3.x:
    Yes, we still have users who still actively use FSX & P3D 32bit platforms, however while we will still support active products developed for FSX and P3D v3 we will not be doing any further development for those simulation platforms.

Prepar3D v4.x & v5.x:
    We will continue to support the Q400 in v4.5/5.x and very likely the next version offered by Lockheed Martin. Regarding further development (additional features, etc.) of the Q400 for P3D will not likely continue as the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions have been released as planned, but of course updates when completed will continue. We did however mention several months back that we would push an update for the virtual cockpit, this is still the in the works but there have been some delays in getting this completed.

While MSFS is the newer simulation platform for which many are drawn to, Prepar3D offers unique features not yet applicable to MSFS which makes it a viable platform for MJC's TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions, and we very likely will continue development for the P3D platform as well, however it would be fair to say that P3D development will be subject for evaluation which would depend upon how well the platform will be supported by the customers in the future.

The Q300 v2 project is still on the drawing board and is very much alive, but at a slow pace as well.

MSFS 2020:
    Flight Simulator 2020 has certainly made considerable strides over the last two years and the team has been feverishly working on updates making the platform more accessible for development.

Q400:
    Folks frequently interject we used the SDK as an excuse for bringing the Q400 into MSFS and at the time of its initial release that was very much the case for us to be able to implement porting the Q400 over to MSFS. As each update is pushed by Asobo's team many things are improved thus allowing for progress. There are still a few things that we require which I am sure will be eventually addressed.

We will be pushing the Q400 to MSFS as a port over as mentioned previously, and this required our developer to completely re-write the code for the gauges and systems which is not a quick process and will be the major delaying component of the project (very much the same as almost starting from scratch). It would be unrealistic to provide a timeline for when we would like to see this port over ready for delivery at this time. However, once this phase is complete we can look at the Alpha testing phase.

Q300 v2:
    This I think is one of the most anticipated aircraft that we have on our development board, which will be done from scratch for MSFS. This project's development will ramp up once the Q400 port over to MSFS is complete. The same is to be said of the other variants such as the 100/200.

As some of you already know the MJC is a small team of developers who also have daily jobs and families. So, the fast-paced development that is expected from some of the other dev teams is in no way feasible with the size of the MJC dev team. A timeline at this time of project completion cannot be provided, but when we are satisfied with the progress of projects in work we will provide updates with images and or video relating to such.

For many this may not quite be the news that was expected but we will get there.

Cheers
    Turboprops RULE!!!

The Majestic Software Team

Hi,

We will further address this issue when we get deeper into our development phase. But there will certainly be visual and external enhancements made to the aircraft.

There are certainly some technologies that will not be fully utilized since this is a port over. We very likely will not go into details with respect to our implementation plans and techniques.

Cheers

hello simeon.
    Just a question, I don't know if I understood correctly.
    when you refer to:

"There are certainly some technologies that will not be fully utilized since this is a port over"

does it mean that once the Q400 is on the MSFS platform it will have some aircraft systems that won't work totally like on P3D?
    thank you.

• @toppe,

Hi. Good question. My statement relates specifically to the newer technologies within the MSFS 2020 platform that are responsible for texturing and modeling of the aircraft.

Regarding the actual aircraft systems - we plan on them being the same as the PRO edition. However it is possible that the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions may not be brought over to MSFS as it does not cater to the TRAINING platform and or COCKPIT setups at this time (so we make no promises at this time).

We'll have to make a determination as to how we move forward as we near completion of the project.

• @kroswynd said:
    @toppe,

Hi. Good question. My statement relates specifically to the newer technologies within the MSFS 2020 platform that are responsible for texturing and modeling of the aircraft.

Regarding the actual aircraft systems - we plan on them being the same as the PRO edition. However it is possible that the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions may not be brought over to MSFS as it does not cater to the TRAINING platform and or COCKPIT setups at this time (so we make no promises at this time).

We'll have to make a determination as to how we move forward as we near completion of the project.

OK thank you.
    I clearly adapted my home cockpit to the COCKPIT EDITION version, there are very important elements inside, for example:

SEPARATE EFIS SCREENS APPLICATION
    A windows executable application allowing to show all vector screens, such as EFIS, FMS, ARCDU, CAUTION LIGHTS PANEL or STANDBY INSTRUMENT on a separate networked PC.

so having to choose between a cockpit version with P3D (worse graphics) and a pro version with MSFS (better graphics) I would be forced to choose P3D.
    we hope that these problems can be solved in the near future and have as they say in Italy: "THE WINE BARREL FULL AND THE DRUNK WIFE".

probably the best solution would be a P3D V6 as nice as MSFS, from an operational point of view I think with the V6 you would have less problems, or, zero problems to completely transfer the COCKPIT version, right? (unfortunately L.M. is very stingy in revealing his work and I can also understand them.

in the meantime I wish you all a good job and a happy Christmas, (even if in advance), the best upgrade for the new year, for majestic and for the world would be for this absurd war to end as soon as possible.
    greetings.

• Months late on this announcement but amazing to here ! Just wondering will this be coming to the Xbox version ( in the marketplace ) ? It’s a lot of people wanting a Dash 8

• Hello,

any news for MSFS2020?

Brgds Ben

• Hope that you guys are ok. It has been some time since we have heard from you.
    John

• This forum does seem very dead lately. I'm hoping work is continuing for MSFS, not that we need weekly updates, but we've been slowly getting more turboprops like the ATR and some other big stuff coming soon. But for this, I get the feeling we won't see anything til MSFS2024, maybe even MSFS2028 now lol. I don't wanna resort to XP for Q4XP and will never touch FSX/P3D, but also don't wanna see some cheaply done $20 crapware watering down the MSFS market either.

• There is obviously a challenge...Kroswynd is usually on the ball....trust is all OK.

• I too hope that all is well. The silence is worrisom.

• I hope all is well with the development team as well. The Dash has been my go to aircraft since it release, its just the amazing to fly. I have recently moved to MSFS, and even now I am thinking of reinstalling my P3D just so I can have my Dash 8 back. I'm not sure the ATR will cut it for me. So fingers crossed we get some news soon, so at least we have hope that its on its way.

• I'm in the same boat. This is the plane I want more than any other. Hopefully we get it this year. Would love to get a state of the union from him on current state of things on msfs development.

• Folks... All the best to All for 2024!

Yes, it has been very quiet on the forums but that does not mean work does not continue. All is well amidst our busy 8 to 5 work and family schedules.

Our Team is steadily moving along with development for MSFS 2020, and we will be sure to share information and or images when we are satisfied with the progress.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
  • @kroswynd said:
    Folks... All the best to All for 2024!

Yes, it has been very quiet on the forums but that does not mean work does not continue. All is well amidst our busy 8 to 5 work and family schedules.

Our Team is steadily moving along with development for MSFS 2020, and we will be sure to share information and or images when we are satisfied with the progress.

Stay tuned!

Cheers

Kroswynd
    great to hear that. The quietness was a worry, but it seems like all is well (albeit busy perhaps). Look forward to a 'majestic' 2024

• Thank you for the update @kroswynd , it is indeed the best news I could have hopped for. I was considering reinstalling P3D so I can have the Dash back, but maybe I will hold off and see what 2024 has to offer :)

• Will there stil be a virtual cockpit update for the p3d platform?
  • @helix1250 said:
    Thank you for the update @kroswynd , it is indeed the best news I could have hopped for. I was considering reinstalling P3D so I can have the Dash back, but maybe I will hold off and see what 2024 has to offer :)

I also considered it but ruled it out. Nonetheless, miss the heck out of this plane. I'm going to have to start from scratch learning it again

• edited March 19

@micstatic said:

@helix1250 said:
    Thank you for the update @kroswynd , it is indeed the best news I could have hopped for. I was considering reinstalling P3D so I can have the Dash back, but maybe I will hold off and see what 2024 has to offer :)

I also considered it but ruled it out. Nonetheless, miss the heck out of this plane. I'm going to have to start from scratch learning it again

I really hope there is some positive news coming out from the Majestic team soon. I have been hearing all sorts of things being brandished about what's happening, and what might or might not be on the cards for future development plans by the team.

I have to say that I really miss this aircraft and to be honest I really don't fancy going back to a P3D version, but will if I have to.

Living in hope.
    Rob

• living in hope also

• @Kroswynd please give us an update...

Brgds Ben

• Hi Ben

We will be sure to do so when we feel that it is time to do so.

We will not be sharing images or videos of progress until we have everything aligned to do so.

Bear in mind, we do have other obligations such as other jobs and family obligations (parents, wife and kids).

I can however assure you that work is progressing.

Cheers.