Systems and failures question

Hi, I have a pro version.
I am trying to fail ADC via systems panel. Don't see any changes in the cockpit, altitude/airspeed are fine. Any sequence I have to follow to make it fail?

Also there is DG button on each side. Do I understand right it would switch to using gyro only and there would be drift? I've tried to fly for an hour, but don't see any differences? What does it do and is it implemented?

If you get TAWS/TCAS alert, ND changes range. Is it an option or it happens on all Dash 8?

Comments

• Hi,

I recommend the documents on: https://smartcockpit.com/

For the DG you find in the Q400 navigation document:

Rgds
    Reinhard

PS: Which version of the Q400 are you using?

• Thanks Reinhard.

I'd expect DG to be like this, good description. I'll ponder more into documentation.

Mine version is called Pro Edition 64 bit. I'd expect it to have some failures at least.

• The PRO edition does have failures which can be controlled via the SYSPAN control located in the "syspan" folder and or you can activate random failures via the mjc84.ini located in the "ini" folder

Instructions are provided in the documentation which can be found in the mjc8q400 root folder.

Cheers
  • Thanks for reply.
    My question was - what does ADC failure actually does?
    I go to Systems panel and fail AP - AP fails and disengages.
    I go to Systems panel and fail one or two ADC - no changes can be seen. Like nothing failed.
    Or systems panel can't fail everything and I need to modify ini?

• You are correct in that not all systems can be failed in the PRO edition. One is able to write specific scripts if needed for specific failures that are not readily available in the PRO but that too has it limits.

The TRAINING and COCKPIT editions are where full failure functionality is permissible.

If you want random failures then yes you need to look at the wear_off_factor and change it to the probability ratio for failures.

Have a look at the products page to see what systems are permissible.

Cheers.
  • Sorry, I couldn't find a list of failures.

Here is my system panel (pro)

Here is training edition

I see training has more tabs, so thought was if I don't get something, it's not shown. If that's not the case, it's fine, but want to make sure.