125 Hz Tiller Control

edited December 2022 in Customer support

Hello - Have the Pro version (v1.024) running on Win 10 (up to date with patches) and P3D 4.5. Have got the Ailerons, Elevators and Rudder axis mapped and working in the Joystick_interface_assignments section of the mjc84.ini - but can not seem to get the tiller access mapped.

Had checked the VariablesMap.xlsx file and saw that the variable referenced was to be Tiller_ADC. Used the config tool mentioned at in this forum (the one referenced in the www.viaintercity.com forum), to validate the controller and axis. Although a homebuilt controller, it is a standard windows game controller with a standard joystick - has been in use for years and works flawlessly either mapped to the sim or via fsuiic.

I previously had the tiller mapped to the spoiler axis using fsuipc - and it has worked fine that way. Unmapped that, added the tiller to the config file - but no joy.

Relevant section is:

>

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
=; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
; Ailerons
J5_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
; Elevators
J5_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC
; Rudder
J4_Rz=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
; Tiller
J3_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Tiller_ADC

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

All work except for the Tiller.

One thing I was wondering is if anything needs to be done with this tiller section if I map the tiller using the 125Hz control section.

[FLIGHTCONTROLS]
; this means, no real force feedback available
ElevatorInFSXmode = 1
; TillerInput = 0: tiller control is with mouse only
; TillerInput = 1: turning ailerons below 40kts will steer the plane
; TillerInput = 2: tiller is mapped to the spoiler axis
TillerInput =2
; Tiller dead zone in percent/100
TillerDeadZone=0.1

Any help appreciated and let me know if I have omitted any relevant info.

Jim

Comments

• Hi,

As far as I know in the PRO version you only can map ailerons, elevators, rudder and the AP Disengage button via the 125Hz interface. You need the training or cockpit version if you want to controll all variables (like the tiller). So with the PRO version you have too stay with the spoiler axis.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• The tiller function is permissible via the PRO and PILOT edition.

Simply select the tiller option in the mjc84.ini for the tiller and then make sure that the device you want to use for the tiller is mapped to the spoiler axis.

As @aua668 mentioned the training and cockpit editions have some additional flexibility.

Cheers
  • Ahh - that's interesting. When I used the PRO version I also had no success with mapping the tiller to the 125Hz interface. Of course I did not map it to the spoiler axis, as I assumed it is the same as with rudder etc., which you have to unlink from the simulator. Good to know.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Well for the tiller specifically in the PILOT and PRO editions this has to be controlled via the mjc84.ini

There are no provisions for it via the 125hz protocols. The 125 hz control ability was designed to assist in overcoming the control device lag in FSX and P3D platforms.

Cheers
  • Thanks for all the input - will keep the tiller mapped to the spoiler access via fsuipc and rudder/Aileron/elevator mapped via the 125hz facility

Regards - Jim