Red Cockpit View

Hi,

Just wanted to share another of those nauseating Flight Sim time wasting issues.

I have the Pro Edition with the Visual Extension pack (VDP)recently purchased (excellent by the way). Initially all was well, then suddenly yesterday, once airbourne my flight deck view went totally red. (see image.) However, the external views were fine as you can see. Whatever I tired failed. I use chase plane. I only have/had this issue with the Dash. So, you know what's coming! The investigation begins with suspect checking. What have I done recently. Well, nothing that comes to mind. My Pro version is up to date. The Nvidia card is up to date. System up to date. P3Dv5.2 all good. Could it be the VDP, so uninstall the Dash and reinstall without the VDP. No joy still red. So reinstalled the VDP. So maybe Chase Plane bearing in mind only issue with the Dash. I verified the files with Orbx. I setup the flight deck again in Chase Plane and this seems to have done the trick, three flights without incident.
All very odd. I will update with any change. Would welcome comments from members who may have experience the same or ideas etc.

Regards,

Keith

Comments

• Just an update. Sadly, the red screen has returned and the aircraft is unflyable. I removed an Active Sky update and the most recent Nvidia updates to no avail. What is odd is the red screen begins to fade in around the VR speed and if I continue with the climb the screen becomes completely red (as in the picture) and remains. However, as it begins to come in at VR, if I reduce power the red fades away and the view outside of the flight deck returns to normal. It clearly is not my monitor as other a/c are unaffected.

I thought originally Chaseplane may be the issue but probably not as again no issues elsewhere. I have only had the issue since the new VDP. That said, when I reinstalled the Dash without the VDP, the issue returned. Is there a file in the VDP that is causing this and is not removed when I do an uninstall? If so, how would I find it? Otherwise, I am stuffed and would really welcome some suggestions and this really is a great aircraft. And, as I intend to remain with P3D having spent a great deal on it, an aircraft I need to use!

Regards,

Keith

• You may consider removing g force effects in the P3D menu. Not sure if this would be a contributing factor for your issue.

We have not had any reports similar to the one that you report to my recollection.

• Many thanks, I will try that.

Keith

• edited March 2023

Hi,

I hate saying this, (tempting fate etc) but so far, so good. This may well be the solution should anyone suddenly get this issue.

Best,

Keith