UPDATED!! Majestic Software Q400 Ver 1.025 Released for Prepar3D

edited March 2023 in ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

This post is not an update regarding progress of the MJC Q400 for MSFS 2020, but work still is on-going and we will share info when it is time to do so.

We have released an updated version (1.025) for Prepar3D v5.x & in development v6. There are some interaction issues on the P3D v4.x platform that are not correctable so our support will be primarily for v5.x and v6.x when it becomes an active version by LM, this however does not prevent one from using ver 4.x, as it is still considered to be backwards compatible.

There have been users providing misleading information among various user groups speaking to LM's newer P3D v6 which is currently in development. Yes, our new installer does show an option for the new version but this was merely for our in-house testing purposes. Majestic does not have any information or knowledge as to when LM plans on releasing the newer version, nor would we share/hint any info even if we knew as it is not information for us to share.

The updated version can be obtained from your User Area on the official Majestic Software website.

CHANGES for 1.025 version MJC8Q400

ALL EDITIONS (PILOT/PRO/TRAINING/COCKPIT)
Systems
• PCU System: PEC lights will come up on overspeed >1060
• PCU System: After engine failure with prop un-feathered, rpm will slowly drop to 400 (IAS dependent)
• Oil System: When alt feather pump is activated, the system will not delay the feathering due to oil pressure
• FADEC System: Fixed the PEC failure detection due to overspeed
• C&L system: ELEVATOR FEEL will light when all 3 systems power the elevators
• C&L system: Master warning will blink with C/L test
• C&L system: No more FADEC caution light when the engine failure externally triggered
• C&L system: Caution lights will go out faster after N3 hydraulic system test completed
• Navigation system: Allow Back Course for the same ILS/LOC frequency for both runways, when the flight sim scenery has correct nav aids.

FMS
• Corrections to linking logic between the Leg types
• Various improvements of STAR/IAP linking logic
• Re-design of the VNAV logic and the FAF identification logic
• Re-design of the altitude calculations for VNAV
• Flight plan pages: ETE/ETA and altitude will not be shown on some legs where it can not be calculated
• Fixed incorrect holding entry type detection
• FPL arrive / FPL depart pages will insert the procedure when FPL key is pressed

Instruments
• Improved clock night lighting in VC
• PFD: AP inhibit is no longer indicating in place of AP Disengaged
• MFD: No longer 2 different holding patterns shown for a single holding
• Standby: fixed baro hint
• Fixed the TX/RX indication link to the vatsim/ivao clients

TRAINING EDITION
Systems
• SysPan: Added EDP failure to the POWERPLANT page
• Flight Dynamics: Fixed the problem with aircraft crash or going underground when positioned on some airports

FMS
• Added RAIM error factor gpsRAIMErrorFactor as a multiplier 0.0 to 1.0 to mjc84.ini file

COCKPIT EDITION
Interface
• EFIS config data is sent over the network
• Main gear blown tyre on touchdown will not be simulated with WearOffFactor=0.0 mjc84.ini file entry
• Force Feedback outputs will be provided with ElevatorInFSXmode = 0 mjc84.ini file entry
• Introduced new variable elevatorTrimFromFsx in mjc84.ini to control the elevator trim directly via a variable
• mjc84.ini (Flight Controls): Added the trim factor setting
• Oil System: Introduced failures EDP_failed[0][1] variable
• FD type added to the interface to be synchronized between the Q400 and the EFIS application
• PEC System: published the PEC failure variable
• Docs (Joystick connector) : published FLIP operator in connector description

Systems
• Flight Dynamics: Fixed the problem with aircraft crash or going underground when positioned on some airports
• Added EDP failure to the POWERPLANT page

FMS
• Added RAIM error factor gpsRAIMErrorFactor as a multiplier 0.0 to 1.0 to mjc84.ini file.

If you encounter any bugs/issues kindly post them in the official Majestic Software forum

As always we thank you all for your continued support and patience.

Turboprops Rule!!
The Majestic Software Team
-kroswynd

Comments

• edited March 2023

Great news, many thanks!! The usual question. Do we do a complete uninstall/reinstall or install 'over the top?" And if you have the Visual Extension package?

Kind regards,

Keith

• Trying to download the patch from the users area, I see my product but no download links. Please help.

Thank you

• @jalbino59 said:
    Trying to download the patch from the users area, I see my product but no download links. Please help.

Thank you

Write to Support via email with your issues and be sure to provide all credentials
    1. Full Name
    2. email used with purchase
    3. Product number
    4. Vendor

Cheers

• @KG1000 said:
    Great news, many thanks!! The usual question. Do we do a complete uninstall/reinstall or install 'over the top?" And if you have the Visual Extension package?

Kind regards,

Keith

As with any install or re-install, it is vital that one backs up any pertinent files before proceeding with the installation process.

Cheers

• Thanks for the update. Does V1025 include the Visual Enhancement or do I still need to install that separately?
    Brgds
    Ken

• @ScottecLEMD said:
    Thanks for the update. Does V1025 include the Visual Enhancement or do I still need to install that separately?
    Brgds
    Ken

It depends on which version of the Editions you have. The Pilot and the PRO Editions will require the Visual Enhancement, while the TRAINING and COCKPIT Editions have it included.

Cheers

• I have the Pro edition and Vis Ext version is mjc8-400-VisExt21-1.024-inst, Is this still valid for 1.025 or will there be an updated installer?
    Thanks
    Ken

• Ignore me, just found the Vis Ext updated installed in my Simmarket account - thanks.

Brgds

Ken

• No worries, I was going to ask if you had checked your account.

• Hi. Does this update applied to P3D V4?
    Im beta tester of training version
    BRGDS
    Edin

• @ehasanov said:
    Hi. Does this update applied to P3D V4?
    Im beta tester of training version
    BRGDS
    Edin

Hi Edin,

There are some interaction issues on the P3D v4.x platform that are not correctable so our support will be primarily for v5.x and v6.x when it becomes an active version by LM, this however does not prevent one from using ver 4.x, as it is still considered to be backwards compatible.