Wrong font on HUD?

Hello,

I have the TRAINING edition on the Majestic Q400 for P3DV5.3, and I just did the most recent update for the x64 edition and I see the font in the HUD is different. Is this intentional? Or is this a bug?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

UPDATED 05/15/2023
    While running some final checks we omitted to add some last minute corrections to the patch, which have been updated and can be re-downloaded via the Majestic Software Support - User Area.

• @kroswynd

I am sorry - but the new patch for the training version for P3D v5 is not working for me at all. When I apply it, the Cold & Dark script is not executing anymore, the XML interface is not working anymore and most functions of the aircraft are not working.

I observed also, that the file is smaller than the patch rolled out before.

I tried also a complete reinstall of 1.025 and added the patch afterwards - no success. I stepped back to the patch you deployed the day before and everything (beside the HUD fonts) is working normally.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thanks for the follow up, let's have a look and see what's going on.
  • > @aua668 said:
    > @kroswynd
    >
    > I am sorry - but the new patch for the training version for P3D v5 is not working for me at all. When I apply it, the Cold & Dark script is not executing anymore, the XML interface is not working anymore and most functions of the aircraft are not working.
    >
    > I observed also, that the file is smaller than the patch rolled out before.
    >
    > I tried also a complete reinstall of 1.025 and added the patch afterwards - no success. I stepped back to the patch you deployed the day before and everything (beside the HUD fonts) is working normally.
    >
    > Rgds
    > Reinhard

Just a quick follow up, but could you kindly contact us via our Support email to better understand what may be happening.

Thanks
  • Done.
    Reinhard

• I'm in a different boat with the new patch. I started with a clean install of v1.025, and then the 1.025a patch. Starting P3D goes fine, I select the Q400, and that's when the sim crashes to desktop 30 secs later. I haven't actually made it in to the cockpit.

My sim: P3Dv4.5 (possibly the problem), Q400 training 1.025a

I have tried to reinstall the original 1.025a patch over top of this new fix, but the installer tells me that the Q400v1.025 is not installed. :(
    I will do a clean install of the Q400 and wait for further news on this.

Cheers, Jax

• Jax,

You could try to delete the mjc84_main.dll File in the panel directory and try the patch again. I think in that case the instalattion works. Anyhow a clean install is for debugging the best.

For me it seems tostop, when the sound normally activates ("Bank angle" is not produced anymore).

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thanks Reinhard,
    I tried your process, but got the same results, so wound up doing a reinstall back to the original v1.025a. (The mjc84.dll from May9, 2023.) The newer (May 15) fix always results in a CTD. I don't mind sticking with this version, it works.

Cheers, Jax

• @kroswynd said:
    Hello,

UPDATED 05/15/2023
    While running some final checks we omitted to add some last minute corrections to the patch, which have been updated and can be re-downloaded via the Majestic Software Support - User Area.

I installed the first 1.025a update on May 14th and that fixed the wrong font on the HGS panel in the center console, but left the HUD itself with the wrong font. Now, with this May 15th updated 1.025a, I installed the update and now the plane doesn't work in the sim. When loaded in, the gear is up, it's floating, no electronics turn on, etc. Any suggestions?

• I had to do a complete reinstall of the Q400 v1.025 and the original 1.025a patch. My attempts to only reinstall the original patch (aka doing a roll-back) resulted in the installer saying the Q400 1.025 is not installed. You could try Reinhard's suggestion above; quote "try to delete the mjc84_main.dll File in the panel directory and try the patch again." Hope you may have better success than I had.

Cheers, Jax