p3dv6 q400 training edition installation issues

I am completely knew to majestic software and LM's p3d. I have a completely fresh install of P3Dv6 and I tried to install the q400 training edition. The installer was unable to find the p3d install location and so I told it where to look. During the installation I got an error for prepare3d simconnect distributable " This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid windows installer package". After closing the error it appears to install the q400 and there is now a microsoft flight simulator x folder in the p3d install location. However when I try to select the q400 plane it is not listed with the rest of the vehicles nor is there anything in the addons tab in settings. After some looking online I tried running the FSX-SP2-XPACK, FSX-RTM and FSX-SP1 msi files that were in the redist folder. This does not seam to have changed anything. I then tried to install the 1.025a-64 patch. It found the p3d install location but then told me that v1.025 of the q400 addon was not installed.

Hopefully I am just making a stupid error somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2023

Make sure you have (purchased) the correct version of the Majestic Q400. From your description, it sounds like you may have the Flight Simulator X installer version and not the P3D installer version.

I have purchased both the FSX and the P3D versions. Therefore, in the Majestic Software Support - User Area I can go to two separate download locations, based on my order number, depending on whether I want the FSX version or the P3D version.

When I use my FSX order number and go there for the FSX version, it reads ...

"Version 1.025 full Q400 Download edition only installer for the FSX and P3D V2.x AND v3.x."

And when I use my P3D order number and go there for the P3D version, it reads ...

"Version 1.025 full Q400 Download edition only installer for the Prepar3D V5.x and V6.x flight simulators"

So, the first thing to do would be to make sure you are in the correct User Area and you have the correct installer, relevant, in your case, to P3D v6.

If you are still not sure or have troubles, it might be a good idea to open a support ticket with Majestic.

• Thank you for the help however i have only purchased the p3d version. when i go to the majestic software support - user area the only options i see are
    "Version 1.025 full Q400 Download edition only installer for the Prepar3D V5.x and V6.x flight simulators"
    and
    "Version 1.025a patch for the x64 bit editions Also see the list of changes"

when I start the install for q400 the installer asks me which version of p3d I have and I have been choosing "Prepare 3D Version 6"

I have also confirmed that I am running p3dv6.
    can anyone else confirm that the P3D version of the q400 installer creates a "microsoft flight simulator x" folder

thank you again for you help

• Solved: Finally Got the q400 to show up in the vehicle section of P3D and got the 1.025a-64 patch installed. As I am new to P3D this took me a bit before i thought to check but the q400 installer was making a microsoft flight simulartor x folder in the Prepare3d V6 install folder. Inside was an "effects" and "sim objects" folder. I copied the contents of these folders to the "effects" and "sim objects" folders that were properly located in the P3D install location and the q400 showed up in the vehicles section of P3D. I was then able to install the 1.025a-64 patch with no issues.

in short i took everything from the
    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    folder and pit it in the respective folders in
    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\Effects
    and
    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6\SimObjects\Airplanes

• edited December 2023

Glad that you have had success. But, I assure you, those steps should have not been necessary ...

Previously, I used to run FSX and I had purchased the FSX version of the Q400. But, when my PC died, I had to buy a new PC. That was a good time for me to jump from FSX to P3D. So I purchased P3D. I did not install FSX on my new PC, only P3D. I purchased the P3D version of the Q400. The installer for the P3D version of the Q400 did not create a "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder. No such folder exists on my PC at all. So I didn't need to move any files or folders to get my Q400 to work.

Perhaps @kroswynd can provide further insight in to what might have happened here in your case.

That said, if you now have it working, including with the 1.025a-64 patch, then that is great!

You will enjoy the Q400 ... she's a fantastic add-on, fun to learn, and a dream to fly!

• The Q400 installer automatically creates the FSX folder. During the install process, you have to manually select the P3Dv6 folder to prevent the FSX folder being created. This has been an issue with the Q400 installer for a few years now. Glad you have the issue sorted.
    Cheers, Jax

• edited December 2023

Hmmm. Interesting. Well, that's news to me. I don't recall having to do that. :)

Thanks @Jax_in_BC for the clarification. 👍