Hate To Request But...

Hi:

Since I'm on a roll making this request in other forums, I figured I'd make my request here too. Sometimes real life impedes upon sim life. Would you guys please consider adding speed hold. Not a full blow auto-throttle system (which I know the Dash 8 doesn't have) but maybe a cheat just to hold speed while in cruise.

I found this example from another add-on:

"Does the Legacy have Autothrottle?
A – No. But Feelthere put a “cheat” on this plane. When you reach
cruise level, and your desired speed, press Shift + R. You will see a “AT”
green in your PFD, above your HSI, this should control your selected speed."

Thanks for your help! The airplane is lots of fun.

Aaron

Comments

• Do you think it's necessary?
    Once I had to leave the sim and came back after one hour, the Q400 was still flying at around the same speed.
    It's super reliable and steady during cruise, even with wind changes.
  • Hello Aaron,

I can provide you with a solid response regarding your request..... That has a 99.999999999% chance of never making it into the Q400 list of non essential items added to the aircraft.

The Q400 does not have a speed hold feature primarily due to not having an auto throttle system (as you also mentioned) . Our aim at MajesticSoftware is to replicate the Dash 8 series aircraft as close as possible to their real world counterparts, which helps to keep the realism/immersion factor in tact.

Granted the aircraft will keep you busy during critical phases of flight but setting the power for cruise flight can be fined tuned by setting the TRQ parameters provided in the performance tables documentation, as is done in the real world.

We do however, appreciate your input and we hope that the Q400 will continue to keep you happily engaged.

Cheers