Sound issue in P3D V4.3

Hello.

I noticed this on the earlier version of V4 as well, When in the cockpit and you click on the overhead, centre console & glare shield you get the sound changing as if you were in a different place. Its only a subtle difference but its noticeable. Also if you change to cabin window view there is no sound until you click on screen??

Can anyone else confirm this fault or know a fix?

Comments

• I had the issue in 4.2, haven't tried the Q400 in 4.3 yet. Not certain if the issue is tied to my use of ezdok.

• Had the same issue in V4.2 and having it in V4.3 still (using Chaseplane).

• Have you all applied the update which was created shortly after releasing the 64bit version of the Q400. If not, you can acquire it via the USER AREA on the Majestic Software website.

• Ahhhh i didn't notice the A after the version number...sorry!! i will try it now and report back thank you

• I use Chaseplane, and it is not happening in my PD3v4.3.
    I do notice though that as I move the camera around the aircraft (exterior) there is no change in sound, no matter what my relative position to the aircraft. I have used Control panel and .ini to change this, but no success. Anyone have any ideas (please!)?

• "I do notice though that as I move the camera around the aircraft (exterior) there is no change in sound, no matter what my relative position to the aircraft. I have used Control panel and .ini to change this, but no success. Anyone have any ideas (please!)?"

Same here. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

• Finally had an opportunity to fly the Q400 in P3Dv4.3, along with the latest update for ezdok. Glad to say that everything is working as normal.

• @Jax_in_BC
    Thanks for the update.

@Asid and @Sputz
    It is possible that something may have changed in the last update, well have to look into it and see what may have changed and or if it is possible to reinstate the feature without creating other issues.

Cheers

• Hi Kroswynd

I had the same issue in P3D V4.2.

I look forward to getting this resolved.

Thank you

• edited July 2018

@Asid,

The feature that you speak of is a custom feature that we implemented and is not one controlled via the SIM platform. If it is correctable we'll be be sure to have a look into addressing the issue. If it is not we will leave it unaddressed if it alters some other aspect of the add-on.

Cheers

• Thanks kroswynd. I sure hope you can find an easy fix. Do you know if the sound immersion product for Q400 fixes the issue?

• Hi Sputz
    The sound immersion product for Q400 does not fix the issue

Regards

• Thanks Asid. Let me know if you find a solution. I'll do the same.

• @Asid, @Sputz and other Users:
    The likelihood of finding a solution is slim on the users end, and also the fact of this being corrected immediately as a patch is not likely since the main focus is the TRAINING Edition. However the issue will be looked into.

Cheers

• Thanks for update, kroswynd. I look forward to a future solution.

• I just want to say that I have the same issues as the OP. I am using P3Dv4.3 Academic on Windows 7. The issue where I lose the sound when I change views is extremely annoying because I have to take my hands of the controllers and reach for the mouse with every view change to get sound back. I do continue to hear ATC chatter, but cockpit sounds are gone until I click the mouse on the screen. I have the Pro version of the MJC8Q400.

• Have you applied the patch?
  • I have the same sound problem. P3D v4.3 Chaseplane. Scrolling through internal views no problem, scrolling through external views no problem, however switching from external back into the cockpit and the sound goes to mute, nothing from inside or outside. The only way to restore is click and move the mouse or scroll to another internal chaseplane view. Update is installed. Thoughts?