P3D 4.3 Q400 1020a - No gear

Hi

I have a new installation of P3D 4.3 and the Q400. I have installed and re-installed the aircraft several times yet no landing gear is showing up. systems seems to be operational, though I haven't tried moving the aircraft. the installer does not detect the P3D installation though installers from other developers work fine so I just pointed the installer to the P3D root folder. (as a side note, my system is aware of an older installation of the Q400 in FSX which I lost due to a disk failure, and I cannot uninstall it). in any case, the installation process seems to be OK, but I am not getting prompted to approve any DLLs (like it was in FSX). I dont know if this is a P3D thing....

I am using the download version of the installer as my key does not work on the boxed version. hope someone will be able to help me sort this out - looking forward to flying the Q400 soon.

Regards - Ran

Comments

• answering my own question - so looks like I need to upgrade to the 64bit version that is supported in P3D 4.3.

Ran

• Ran,

I have installed and re-installed the aircraft several times yet no landing gear is showing up. systems seems to be operational, though I haven't tried moving the aircraft. the installer does not detect the P3D installation though installers from other developers work fine so I just pointed the installer to the P3D root folder.

>

The reason you were not getting prompted to select P3Dv4 is due to the fact that Prepar3D v4.x (64bitplatform) requires a separate purchase, which can be done from the vendor that you originally purchased the Q400.

I am not getting prompted to approve any DLLs (like it was in FSX). I dont know if this is a P3D thing....

>

You are correct, P3D handles the addition of new DLLs differently than the FSX platform.

Cheers