Joystick ID for linking TCS

Hi,

In the ini file I have enabled J2_b7=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button and it works well.
I have an xbox wireless controller. When I said it works well, it implies the xbox was not turned ON.
If I turn it ON before running P3D, then my button does not work anymore.

Running VKB_JoyTester, I can see that the pluggable xbox controller inserts itself at ID 0, which obviously breaks the settings in your ini file. Of course, my workaround is to always turn xbox controller after everything else. But I'm curious to know if there is another solution. And also why do you rely on joystick indices? No way to be based on joystick hardware ids for instance?

Thanks

Comments

• Support team is here?

• Sshhhh, you might wake them up.

Not sure they actually exist....

• edited October 2018

To be honest mate, you need to work all this stuff out, on your own.

There are basically no instructions about getting the most out of this addon.

No instructions came with the Pro upgrade re getting 125 hz controls to work, or how to use TCS.

I would expect 125 hz to automatically be configured. If it hadn't been for a 3rd party site, offering a tool to enable it, I wouldn't be any the wiser !

Quite ridiculous really.

As for the config file, that's a joke in itself. Completely unfathomable... FDE SYNC 0 or 1 blah blah. My God. What a clusterf#&k.

I would guess that the majority of users are not getting the full functionality, and as for the Pro version, probably 90 percent of people.

• We personally have not attempted using a xbox controller or gamepad for that matter, and as to the odd result for your controller not really sure what solution to provide.

At the time of the PRO Edition we elected to use the present format along with the implementation of the "smooth controls" 125Hz feature. This system while very effective turned out to be a challenge for some users.

We have created new joystick tool with a different logic for input devices which will be released in the upcoming TRAINING Edition.

Cheers

• edited October 2018

ok, so I guess I have to live with my workaround.

Just a last thing: when using the 125Hz controls, do I have to disable the axis in the P3D settings?

• No you don't as there are provisions within setup to disable the P3D input devices. This way it does not interfere with availability for other aircraft types that you fly. Also for simplicity if you choose to use button bindings for aileron and rudder trim via P3D, one can do so.

Cheers