Landing gear handle won't move.

I had quite an interesting bug today, where after I took off (flying with FS2Crew btton control here) the landing gear level would not move, neither by clicking it nor by pressing G. Of course the gear pins were in the bag, which was my initial thought. But the lever itself would not move. What solved the issue was saving and re-loading the flight, then pressing G and the gear went straight up.

Anyone else had this issue before?

Comments

• Interestingly, this seems to be an odd occurrence that some folks have experienced. The crazy thing is it is not easily replicated. If anyone is able to replicate the process kindly let us know.

Cheers

• Yes, came across an avsim post where this was reported as well. The solution of adding a line to the script isn't really a solution since that line was already there before that happened.

Again, saving and re-loading the flight solved that right away. But I also have no idea how you would test that or recreate this issue. Maybe it has something to do with the script/panel state not loading properly? Because I remember tabbing out when my sim loaded up initially. Who knows. The only funny thing about it that the lever itself is stuck, and not the gear mechanism per se.

• @kroswynd said:
    Interestingly, this seems to be an odd occurrence that some folks have experienced. The crazy thing is it is not easily replicated. If anyone is able to replicate the process kindly let us know.

kroswynd,

You and the team may already be heading down this investigative path … but, it seems to me whenever I see this mentioned, the person is a user of FS2CREW. That said, it might pay to double check me on that via a forum search on this (and other?) forums, just to be sure.

• @freddy said:

@kroswynd said:
    Interestingly, this seems to be an odd occurrence that some folks have experienced. The crazy thing is it is not easily replicated. If anyone is able to replicate the process kindly let us know.

kroswynd,

You and the team may already be heading down this investigative path … but, it seems to me whenever I see this mentioned, the person is a user of FS2CREW. That said, it might pay to double check me on that via a forum search on this (and other?) forums, just to be sure.

I have the problem with the cold and dark state (unless I edit it) and I don't use (or even own) FS2CREW. It MAY be related to FSCREW but it can't be the ONLY cause.

• Yes and the weird thing is that the issue is solved/removed by simply saving and re-loading the scenario without closing the sim. I only load the Q400 in the boarding state, where said line to remove the pins is already included.

• @bravomike said:
    Yes and the weird thing is that the issue is solved/removed by simply saving and re-loading the scenario without closing the sim. I only load the Q400 in the boarding state, where said line to remove the pins is already included.

That seems to suggest the problem has to do with the loading of the state indeed... When you save the scenario and re-load it, it doesn't use any of the included default states but (afaik) a 'state' that is somehow saved with the scenario. So when you saved the scenario the plane 'knew' that the pins had been stowed: it just didn't act accordingly and blocked the gear. Or the system simply assumes the pins have been stowed because you have taken off already and hence saves the pins as stowed...

Anyway, good to know a simple save and re-load solves this problem! I will do just that whenever the problem happens again.

• I don't even think the pins are the issue here. Because if you try to raise the gear with the pins inserted the gear lever will move up, the doors will open but you just won't get the gear up (lights off). With that bug the lever itself does not move, neither by pressing "G" nor by clicking the lever with the mouse....or commanding FS2Crew "gear up" as well.

• Aaaaah, okay! I always presumed that a non-moving gear lever was an indication of the pins not being stowed. That little bug got me all confused...! ;) I thought the stuck gear lever was a real life feature, haha! Good to know it's not.

• @freddy said:

You could be onto something....just will have to dig into that some more. I have not had the time to use FS2Crew since the beta days of getting it sync'd with the Q400, but it is certainly worth investigating. Wish there was a way to certainly kick start the problem.

@bravomike said:
    Yes and the weird thing is that the issue is solved/removed by simply saving and re-loading the scenario without closing the sim. I only load the Q400 in the boarding state, where said line to remove the pins is already included.

If this were to ever happen again one thing we could attempt to do is save the scenario "as you did" and kindly forward us the saved files for the scenario to our Support department, where the Boss will be able to analyze the issue

Cheers.

• @kroswynd said:

@freddy said:

You could be onto something....just will have to dig into that some more. I have not had the time to use FS2Crew since the beta days of getting it sync'd with the Q400, but it is certainly worth investigating. Wish there was a way to certainly kick start the problem.

@bravomike said:

If this were to ever happen again one thing we could attempt to do is save the scenario "as you did" and kindly forward us the saved files for the scenario to our Support department, where the Boss will be able to analyze the issue

Cheers.

Sure, should I ever encounter this again I will do just that. In fact, I still have the saved files from the last time it happened. What is the best way to forward this to your team?

• Emailing the files to our support(at) majesticsoftware(.) com email address

Be sure to provide some back ground information, or even link this thread to the emailm

Thanks.
  • Here's an update on the situation: I have now had several friends encounter the same issue during a very short period of time. Of those friends some have the PILOT 64bit version, others have the PRO 64bit version and had the gear handle freeze for some reason. This, for one, makes me confident in the assumption that it has nothing to do with the gear pins per se. Furthermore everyone I know had this happen to them only recently - not during the entire year before (neither did I encounter this issue in 100+ flights before). I assume it could have something to do with the latest AIRAC's, the now lower outside temperature or the "fall" season in P3D. Or of course the date in windows itself. I think it is highly suspicios that everyone keeps getting this bug in this short period of time and only recently.

• edited October 2018

Maybe there are more reasons for this bug indeed but in my personal case it's 100% related to the gearpins because after editing the cold and dark state (to stow them automatically) I never ever had this problem again.

I do have to add though that I am still using the Navigraph 1712 cycle: I only update my AIRACs whenever I buy a new addon that needs one. I know there are problems with the current AIRAC and the Majestic Q400 which should be solved with the next AIRAC: perhaps your and your friends problems will be solved after installing that new AIRAC (if the problem is indeed related to it)...?

• edited October 2018

Yes, I also suspect the AIRAC for some reason since that is the only variable that chnanged on my Q400 installation. And I had this bug occur to me when loading the BOARDING state which has the gear pin line included in the sript. So that can't be it.

• This has happened to me many times. I have the script in cold and dark and boarding, but still they come. It seems more likely if the on-the-ground time or taxi time is long. is this any use to the team? no FSCrew here.
    niall

• Ok thanks for the additional input
  • This is an old post but same issue for me today.

P3D V4.5, no fs2crew ever installed, MJQ400 PRO up to date. Last AIRAC installed since released and 10+ flights with it and without issue.

Departure LEMD (default scenary), aircraft loaded in default mode.
    Pins were removed by clicking on the bag while engines shut and service door open. They were then (visually) in the bag.
    Ground operations were very long : about one hour between loading scenario and taking-off (was lost on LEMD taxiways...)

As the others, the gear lever was not moving ('G' or joystick or click in VC).

Did you eventually find out the reason for this ?

• I had the exact same issue today, leaving from EHAM. I am not using FS2Crew. I am very familiar with the gear pins and their behavior. I can confirm they were in the bag. Also it is the lever that is not moving. I can click on it, use my physical gear lever (via FSUIPC), or use the "G" key, and it won't move. One thing that was different for this flight is that I used the built-in push back, instead of GSX. I fly the Q400 2-3 times a week, so this is highly unusual.

• Interesting, not impossible that it could be triggered by the built-in PBack - but we have not encountered it when using it. But we'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

Thx

• Sounds good. Thanks.