Roll freezes up randomly

Hi I'm new to the forum, new to MJ Q400, new to P3Dv4 That should cover the disclaimers. This is a great plane and the reason I left XP to P3D. I do however experience random control column freezes where the roll becomes inoperative. I have checked for joystick conflicts, nothing there. Any ideas would be great.

Also I,m certain it is me but I have been unable to change the plane over to inches and lbs. The Control panel buttons are clicked, I have done numerous restarts on the same AC. What's the secret?

Comments

• Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Might you by chance have an autosave feature activated via FSUIPC? That's has been known to cause pauses during most phases of operation for the Q400.
  • Are you on ground when encountering this? If so, turn off the cotrol lock.

• @kroswynd said:
    Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Might you by chance have an autosave feature activated via FSUIPC? That's has been known to cause pauses during most phases of operation for the Q400

Thanks for such prompt replys guys. I have an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. I could not find an autosave in it.

@bravomike said:
    Are you on ground when encountering this? If so, turn off the cotrol lock.

I have encountered it on the ground and in the air. On the ground occasion I did cycle the control lock a few times.

Thanks for your comments.

Don