Shared Cockpit Dash8 Prof

Dear Dash friends

rarely, but still regularly, I "fly" the Dash8 in the shared cockpit - but had a very long break. Now I want to continue where I left off.

The problem is that I can't get a connection to my copilot because the input mask for the IPV6 address is too short. A long time ago IPV4 was ok, but this is no longer possible. Everything is set correctly, but the V4 address is rejected, no contact.

The pings for IPV6 go. IPV4 does not work, all data packets are rejected.

My provider recommended me to enlarge the mask for CPAN so that the long IPV6 address fits into it. Who should do that, except the developers at Majestic.

Who has the same problem - and who solved it?

Thank you very much for all your suggestions.

HaJo

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Comments

• Interestingly this has not really been an issue or topic of discussion or problem to my recollection. We'll have to look into this.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Cheers

• I'm the colleague in the shared cockpit.Strangely once in January of this year everyone went well. The only difference from my point of view is, that I switched to Windows10. Apart from that, we implemented everything extremely accurately that is necessary to establish a shared cockpit contact. To make a long story short. It doesn't work, no matter what we do.

An early solution to this problem would be very desirable.

Ingo
  • The issues being explained between you and your colleague are rather different in that he queries ipv6 related issues, where as you are reporting non-connectivity based on multiple attempts.

Have you checked to ensure that your ports are open and vice versa for your SC pilot. If you were both able to get this going in January, then somethi g could have very well changed between one of the two configurations.

The OP more than likely will have an issue if using anything other than ipv4 at the moment. As we will have to address this issue in an upcoming update.

Have you tried performing a SC flight with someone else who is actively to perform SC flights?

One of the downsides of SC trouble shooting is we do not know how everyones isp is setup as we have seen many cases where the isp was the bottleneck preventing a stable connection or a connection at all.

Providing that you have followed the instructions that we have provided for a normal SC connection there should be no further intervention needed.

Keep us posted, as we would like to see this issue resolved and hope that the issue apart from the ipv6 is not one of the ISPs.

Cheers
  • No problem, wilco :-)

• Hello,

Meanwhile another year has passed. We tried many, many hours together to get into the shared cockpit - no chance.

1) I tried to establish a connection with another colleague. The result was the same as with "HaJo". We got only 1 stroke as signal quality. But strangely I can see how the partner moves the sun visor for example. If I do the same, my partner does not see any movement of the same.

2. We checked the topic ip4 and ip6 intensively again. The only difference was that one participant was confirmed to have a "tunneled" ip4 /ip6 connection.

I missed this confirmation, although I explicitly enabled the ports for ip4 and 6, and all other sections in the router settings are absolutely identical.

Honestly, i don't know, how to get it properly to Work.
  • kindly contact us via our Support email.

Cheers

• Thank God, yesterday we finally managed it after months of hard work.

Problem was indeed the different ip4/ip6 configuration.

My old man had his ip6 settings completely deleted via the Internet provider. These were explicit:

The function "DS- Lite" was deleted, thereby also the "tunneld" function in relation to ip4/ip6 was cancelled.

The PC should then be shut down, and after a few minutes back up again.

After that it worked immediately under a clean ip4 connection on both sides. I am very happy!!!!