System panel on remote PC showing only white rectangle

Hi,

I use the Q400 for P3D 4.3 latest patch level. I wanted to use the system panel on a remote PC as described in the documentation. I copied the complete syspan folder to my remote PC, adopted the ini files for the IP addresses.

But when I start the sys panel on the remote PC (WIN 7), the window opens, but shows only a completel white rectangle. Mo graphics are shown. Nevertheless I can select the several click points in the white window and they are working as expected. Only the graphics and the splash screen is only showing as completely white rectangle.

On the simulator PC (WIN 10) it's working as expected. So there must be some graphics library installed together with the Q400, which is missing on my remote PC.

Therefore my question to the developers: which libraries must be installed, that SYSPAN shows the graphics.

Rgds
Reinhard

Comments

• Hi,

I made two additional tests: I copied the directory also to a WIN10 laptop, adopted IP addresses. Same result: The window stays white, while it's clickable. Just not showing the graphics.

On my secondary WIN 7 PC I mounted the P3D directory of my sim PC, navigated to the CPAN directory and started the control panel on my secondary PC from the remote directory - it worked without any error.

As these two applications seem to use the same technology I don't know anymore where to look.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Hi,

Is there anyone, who could try with the latest 64bit version of the Q400, if copying the CPAN folder to a remote PC as described in the documentation does work? Would be a great help, if I know, if this is working somewhere else.

@Developers: Any idea?

BR
    Reinhard

• Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Flysim system is win10x64 with P3Dv4.2 and remote pc is win7x64. Cpan works exactly as it should. Syspan shows only a white page, but all links are clickable. @aua668 Have you already found a solution?

Rgds
    John

• No - i have reinstalled all Windows runtime libraries, all .net libraries in a clean way. It doesn't work for the CPAN. I took the CPAN from a backup from an older 32bit version of the Q400, which of course produces a lot of errors trying to read the status. But the user interface at least shows up as it should.

So I am not sure, if this was introduced by the 64bit version or already in 3.4, as I am not using it very often.

Let's hope, that one of the developers has an idea.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Of course I meant old SYSPAN (not CPAN) in my previous post ...
    Reinhard

• Today i reinstalled all win runtime libs (x86+x64), graphic, mainboard - all that stuff.
    Result: syspan works neither on the flysim pc nor the remote pc. Only a white page appears. Links are clickable but no functional, no error logs in syspan folder.
    @Devs: What are the concrete software recommendations for syspan.exe?

Rgds
    John

• Reinhard,

On a fresh, install of Win, you should have no issues. All required files needed will be installed upon the installation of the Q400.

Just for reference: let's ensure that the proper .ini files have been updated based on your Master and Remote PCs (which I am sure you already have configured).

Master PC - Q400 installation - Actual ini file located in the ini folder

; UDP 2 CONNECTOR FOR THE INSTRUCTOR STATION
    [UDP_CONNECTOR_2]
    UDP_ENABLED=1
    SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=4; // 32 times per second
    UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=192.168.10.120:49230 (IP Address of the Remote PC)
    UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49240

Remote PC - SYSPAN ini configuration (click on the icon next to "Account Info" - at the top of the SYSPAN)..OR simply go into the SYSPAN folder and access the ini file from the ini folder.

; UDP 0 CONNECTOR TO FSX SETTINGS
    [UDP_CONNECTOR_0]
    UDP_ENABLED=1
    SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=16; // 8 times per second
    UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=192.168.10.102:49240 (IP Address of the Master PC)
    UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49230
    ICP_TX_FILTER=4096; // FAILURE

Cheers

• Hi,

That's the exact configuration I did in the INI files. I also checked, that these ports are open on the firewall on both PCs.

On the Master PC, SYSPAN is working. Obviously all necessary files are installed there during the installation process.

But if I copy the SYSPAN directory from the Master PC to the Remote PC and adjust the INI files accordingly, this doesn't work.

As I wrote: This did work for a older version of SYSPAN (which I found in one of may old backups). Of course that version is not able to communicate correctly with the actual version. So I got a lot of variable errors. But at least the user interface is visible.

The CPAN folder shared over the network allows to start the CPAN application over the network. I use this since ever for loading the Q400. So all components to run the CPAN on the Remote PC are installed.

The SYSPAN must use something additional (which gets installed on the Master PC during installation), and which is missing on my Remote PC.

I will double check later at home my INI files again to be 100% sure about the installation. Just an idea I had: I will also try to check with process explorer the dependent files of CPAN.EXE on Master and Remote PC. Maybe I find a difference.

Thanks for taking care. I appreciate that support.
    Reinhard

• Hi,

I double-checked the INI files: They are exactly how you specified them. Process explorer shows differences, but as these are different OS versions (Master WIN10 and Remote WIN7, this does not show a useful hint.

A little bit strange is the difference between CPAN and SYSPAN, if you look at the properties of the file. It look as if the information is incomplete for CPAN (TODO:...).

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Hi,

I finally got it working. I did it the brute force way: I installed the Q400 on the remote PC. Then I started the earlier copied CPAN (not the just installed). I then asked for additional access via the firewall and added two rules: TCP + UDP for the strange TODO name as shown in the properties.

Then I uninstalled the Q400 from the remote PC and now it's working.

It's very strange, that the request for the additional TCP connection was only raised, after I did the dummy install.

Now I have it got working. But of course it's a strange behavior.

Thanks for your support.
    Reinhard

• That is odd, will add that to the items to be looked into, especially since the TRAINING Edition relies on this quite a bit.

Thank you

• Hello, I just want to confirm that I had the same problem with the training version and P3DV5 just now - using a remote computer, you only get an empty window with the systems panel and installing the Dash on that PC (without P3D) solves it. So it seems that the installation routine installs something that is needed in order to show the elements of the system panel.
    Best regards
    Adrian

• Hi,

Try to install the simconnect executable. I am currently not near my PC. But as far as I remember this did the trick.

Rgds
    Reinhard