Flight deck lighting [RESOLVED]

edited November 2018 in Customer support

Hi,
I'm having an issue with the lighting in the cockpit at night. The dome light does not light the cockpit, the light is on, but is not effective.
The storm light lights the panel no problem and the back lighting is functional.
Is there a dimmer switch I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance
John

Comments

• If you are using P3D, go to your aircraft.cfg and change the following line to look like this.

light.0 = 10, -11.0, 0.0, 3.5, mjc84_dome, // dome light. 3.5P3D, 3.0FSX

In your main mjc8q400 folder you should find an additional aircraft.cfg for p3d as well, just swap the code with your actual one or rename it. But again, correcting the line above should already do it.

• Thanks bravomike

Unfortunately my .cfg was already as the line you posted.
    I'm considering an uninstall, reinstall as a next step. Unless anybody has other fixes?
    For info, P3D v4.3.29 and MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64

John

• edited November 2018

No idea in that case. That usually did it for me. Also, are all your batteries on? The dome light should be hot-wired to the MAIN battery.

• @ollyowl
    Is this a recent development or has this been an issue since you began using the Q400?

We have had a few reports of this issue in the past which is the reason for us providing the alternate aircraft.cfg, which usually rectifies the issue. Another issue that I have seen which is not too common is contrast & brightness controls needing to be adjusted. This is one of those issues that can be a challenge to pin down unless we know exactly how the users setup of the Sim are.

• The sim performs flawlessly, I have many hours problem free use, I'm putting the change to upgrading to a SSD for P3D a couple of months back. This was a full re-install of everything.

Also, I tend to fly real time, and with the darker nights in the UK, I'm noticing this at pre-flight.

The dome light in the roof lights at the switching of the switch, but the flight-deck remains dark. The storm light lights the panel below the glare-shield as it has always done. I've noticed the observers light near the door lights, but again does not cast light in the area.
    I was parked under the flood lights at a UK2000 airport and the light coming in through the windows lit the flight deck, so I'm sure the texture files are present ( straw being grasp!)

I'll re-install over the weekend and report back.
    John

• Update, there were Q400 no files in the effects folder. I cannot explain why not, it was a fresh install when I upgraded to the SSD.
    I reinstalled and all is working as it should.
    Night flying is a pleasure now!

Thanks to all who advised, this is much appreciated.

john

• Thanks for the heads up