2018 version of the Q400

Have you guys ever considered an updated version of the Q400. Say with:
-Dynamic Night Lighting
-Bugs/Dirt/Water effects on the Windscreen
_T/O+LND info via ACARS (like ATSU)
I love the Q400 and I just wanted to know if it will be continued to be improved?

Regards

Comments

• edited November 2018

This has been an ongoing discussion for a few weeks through several other threads (some of which have possibly read). Our tasks at hand at the moment are getting the TRAINING Edition completed, any pertinent updates to the PILOT and PRO Editions will follow more than likely after that phase.

Improvements from a visual perspective:-

1. Dynamic Night Lighting - That is something I am pushing for... No promises, as its initial release into the platform was not that spectacular in that it has the possibility if being fps intensive, visually yes it is very appealing, but we are not willing to sacrifice performance for a visual effect. However, that being said, LM is making strides and it'll be interesting to see how things unfold with upcoming versions of the platform.

2. Bugs/Dirt/Water effects on the Windscreen - Our modeler is a very meticulous person when it comes to his model... So we'll have to see what lays in the pipeline regarding the rain effects as this will be an in-house project, if it is an option that the Boss decides to implement. Bugs and dirt more than likely we will not be implementing.

3. T/O+LND info via ACARS (like ATSU) - Have a look at this thread:
      http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/27/suggestion-performance-data-in-fms#latest

• Keep in mind that A2A Simulations will publish their custom rain effects as an open source SDK - so other developers can implement them into their aircraft. Their rain effects are hands down the best I have seen so far. So that is worth considering.

• Understandable....I agree that A2A has done an outstanding job with their recent release of the Bonanza. We'll see what the final decision is regarding rain effects if it is chosen as an option.

• Keep in mind the A2A effect does not support wipers (yet). My bet would be that they will add it in the future to support their Connie as well, but without this, it is more or less only usable for GA aircraft.

• edited December 2018

You know what I want more than any of that? An updated FMS. The FMS in the Q400 I fly is about 200 versions ahead of the one in the sim. The biggest difference is VNAV. It's absolute garbage in the sim vs what I get in real life. I don't really doubt it's accuracy as this is an older model and my real life FMS updates all the time. I can't make this plane fly a proper RNP approach without it kicking off VNAV or having the VPATH jump too high or low when crossing waypoints. And all the predone altitudes on an arrival procedure are all at or above (which my FMS can't VNAV to), and because of that, they're the minimum altitudes, so it's not an efficient way to fly the arrival.

I just wanted to say all that haha. I know it won't get updated because it's probably one of the harder parts of the plane to code.

Still very happy with the in-sim plane. One of the best sim addons ever. Also, looking forward to the training edition :)

• edited December 2018

Is this a request thread? ;) If yes, i would like to see a banana line on ND, which tells me approx where the plane will level off. Best wishes.

• Well see that’s not going to happen because it doesn’t exist in the real plane. Not as nice as the Boeing or Airbus... or probably even Embraer haha.
  • But it really exist in some models of Q400.

• Guess my company is cheap haha

• edited December 2018

Don't worry, tell your boss to update them to the newest version ;) Here's a video, banana is visible e.g 04:30 on heading track