Constant stuttering and freezing

I'm encountering sim freezes that last second or two at a time, every 15 seconds or so. This only happens with the Q400, and I am on a fresh install of P3D. My system specs (i5-2400, GTX 750Ti) aren't the best, but my friend who I'm flying with has worse specs and doesn't have these issues.

What could be the problem?

Thank you!

Comments

• Anyone? I'd like some help on this if possible.

• Are you possibly using an autosave function from any utility. Like fsuipc?
  • edited December 2018

@kroswynd said:
    Are you possibly using an autosave function from any utility. Like fsuipc?

FSUIPC is not installed I don't think. It's not in the addon bar. Does it get installed alongside the Q400?

Otherwise, don't think so. It's a clean install outside of the Q400 and whatever its dependencies are.

EDIT: No FSUIPC install.

• For one to attempt to get a grasp of what may be going on with your Q400, you left out the good details such as:

a. Simulator version in use:
    b. Q400 Edition & applicable patches:
    c. Operating System:
    d. Possible ad-dons used along side the Q400:

Stutters can be cause by a wide variety of things, and in "most" cases it boils down to the user's configuration or a third-party utility such as "auto-save" within the FSUIPC tool - (which you have confirmed is not the culprit).

Not knowing how your simulator and or PC is configured, it is difficult to pin-point what may be the cause of your issue. Because you simming colleague does not have stutters while running the exact machine configuration as you are, does not necessarily mean that you will have the exact experience as he does.

One could suggest that you start by deleting your P3D.cfg (or back it up) and let the SIM rebuild it. Run the Q400 without making any changes and see if you are experiencing stutters. Some users get better results setting their "target frame rate" to unlimited , whereas some get better results locking it at a predefined rate.

Another issue could be your AV software, be sure to exclude the folder in which P3D is installed, as this seems to help in some cases.

You will have to be the judge and jury for this test to attempt what your issue may be, but it sounds like you may have some trial and error proceedings ahead of you.

Keep us posted.

• A. Prepar3D V4.3
    B. Q400 Pro Edition, with no patches on top
    C. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601 (in case the details help)
    D. Only addons are the Q400 and FSXWX (which is just using some config file changes).

Config files such as the P3D.cfg have been deleted and rebuilt, using the tool included in the root directory, to no avail. Uncapping or capping the framerate doesn't help in either cases unfortunately. AV doesn't seem to be the issue as there is no change whether my AV is running or no (including Windows Defender).

So yeah, seems like a tricky problem to narrow down. I would say it could be my CPU just not up to the task but I didn't have this issue on lesser hardware.

• Out of curiosity, on the System Tab within your CPAN, what are your "Quality" and "Refresh Rate" settings?