Problem Setting Up Elevator and Rudder Controls

I am new to the Q400 64 bit (pilot edition) and am having problems setting up the elevator, rudder and brakes. I have tried using FSUIPC and the sim. Right now FSUIPC has been disabled on my pc and the controls are activated in the sim (P3D v4). In cockpit view the yoke and rudder pedals move as expected but the action does not go the flight surfaces (no movement in the elevator or rudder), the ailerons seem to be ok. I have tried setting up the controls in the MJC8 control panel. The values in the control panel move, I hit "apply" and reload but nothing changes. I have tried reinstalling the aircraft but no change. I have even read thru the manual but did not find anything that would assist.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to get the controls working.
Thank you.
Martin

Comments

• Hello Martin, are you performing these checks with the engines off and or the control lock still engaged?

The release of the Control lock will allow movement of the aileron... The rudder is hydraulically actuated.

The use of fsuipc should be OK providing that you bind the axii based on the response withing fsuipc.... And in so doing disable the axii in P3dv4 .

Cheers
  • Thank you for the reply. The control lock is off but I was trying to get the control surfaces to work before starting the engines. I have now found that they work fine with the engines running. Even my wife thought it was a bit much thinking the controls would work with the engines off, so my bad.